my #4 talk tomorrow

by still_in74 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I have to give a talk on "Evidence that Gods Kingdom is a Reality"

easy dude.

*stands at lecturn*

"There is no evidence for God or his kingdom. Now I would like to open up the discussion for Q&A. Anyone? Anyone? Thank you."

*walks out door at stage side left being careful not to let it hit your butt on the way out*

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, God's kingdom has been a reality since 29 CE when Jesus appeared as the Messiah and definitely since 33 CE with his resurrection and the anointing by holy spirit of the early Christian congregation...........a point while taught by the WTS is not emphasized in favor of the 1914 date. How many jws know that originally the WTS taught that 1878 was the year of Jesus becoming king over the earth.

But now we are in the end of this Gospel age, and the Kingdom is being established or set up. Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874, A.D., according to the testimony of the prophets, to those who have ears to hear it: and the formal inauguration of his kingly office dates from April 1878, A.D.: and the first work of the Kingdom, as shown by our Lord, in his parables and prophecy (the gathering of "his elect"), is now in progress. "The dead in Christ shall rise first ," explained the Lord through the Apostle: and the resurrection of the Church shall be in a moment.* Consequently the Kingdom, as represented in our Lord, and the sleeping saints already fitted and prepared and found worthy to be members of "his body," the "bride," was set up in 1878; and all that remains to be done for its completion is the "gathering together

Studies in the Scriptures--Volume IV--The Battle of Armageddon D621

http://www.ctrussell.us/

Blondie

• Honesty
    Honesty
    what does that say? chameleon

"Eventually, before the thousand years of his healing reign are over, uplift to human perfection will be imparted to the obedient, God-fearing 'great crowd'. Now they will be able to stand before the God of holiness on the basis of their own righteousness."

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

"Eventually, before the thousand years of his healing reign are over, uplift to human perfection will be imparted to the obedient, God-fearing 'great crowd'.

Honesty, Where does it say that in scripture or did some organization just make it up? The scriptures teach that entry into the kingdom is available by only two means. That is resurrection or being changed. No one will simply walk in and find themselves in this kingdom in their present flesh and blood bodies. You know that it is taught: 1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. This goes for everyone thieves included. Ac 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. 1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: And anyone so resurrected or changed will be immortal. This is true for anyone that gains entry be they just or unjust. I am not saying that perfection means nothing. Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: It would mean that such perfection would make it possible to be chosen as someone "just" or in this case a holy one. This would be much better than being chosen as someone unjust such as the thief that died with our Lord. The great crowd is a mixture of such with the redeeming factor that they were shown to be decent human beings. Now you went on to say: Now they will be able to stand before the God of holiness on the basis of their own righteousness." This is called Justification. Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Not everyone resurrected or changed will be justified at that moment. Only the Holy Ones are so blessed. This is what the Kingdom is all about and what it will accomplish after all. To bring all mankind into such justification so they may stand on the basis of their own right righteousness. Joseph
  • Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

The WTS is not god's kingdom, but a kingdom of power seeking opportunists, they out line the talks to the flock as simply propaganda to support their kingdom the power of the organization has to be supported, this is the root of their corruption and always will be. The culling of the flock was always based on false prophesying pretense and coercion.

• Marcel
    Marcel

i had the #4 talk of the last week. what everyone didnt know... i was lying the whole talk. i didnt mean any word of it. it was full of BS. every thinking guy would have seen that i was talking BS. i was twisting the scriptures to support JW teaching. but that was easy to do. the literature did it before for me.

when i was stepping up to the microphone i felt like saying nothing at all and step down again. but then my mind switched back to JW mode and i did it very well ("brother! such a nice talk!!").

i guess the elders are hoping for a new MS and that ill recover to a >10hours, full attending beast again since i visited 4 meetings in a row, the convention AND gave a good talk. they need a new MS desperately. poor ones.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Marcel

You mean it's not de trute?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Find quotes from 1887 Watchtowers that support the points. Make the points by citing 'the Watchtower of January a few years back said...'. Throw in two or three that indicates that the Kingdom was definately established in 1884 or something.

That should do it. A quick reference to the Wt that stated that 1799 was the start of the Gentile times should add interest to your post-talk discussions in the little room at the back of the Hall.

Just a thought.

Seriously - cancel so you don't have to lie. Or...lie.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit