Recurrent nightmare, what does it mean?

by jillbedford 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

I am having a recurrent and very upsetting nightmare that my husband is murdered. In one dream, I call the police and am arrested immediately myself. In another dream, there is blood everywhere. In all dreams, an intruder attacks and kills my husband. I wake up so upset I can not get back to sleep for a couple of hours.

What do you think this means?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Are you harboring any resentment against your husband?

Sometimes our dreams are a reflection of what we subconsciously desire.

Just a thought.

Snowbird

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

In the dream I feel like it is my fault, like I asked him to check on a noise or left the door unlocked.

• changeling
    changeling

Do you like your husband??

• journey-on
    journey-on

Dreams that effect you profoundly and you remember are very important messages from your inner conscious. Recurring dreams are reitterating the request that you figure out the message.

It's kind of like having to tell somebody something, but not having a mouth or voice or hands to write. The only tool you have is through pictures and emotions and colors and numbers, etc.

First, is the dream in color or black and white?

If in color, what are the predominant colors?

There are universal symbols that represent emotions or thoughts that everyone is familiar with. For instance, when someone uses an emoticon on this board to represent something. Words are not needed. You know exactly what the symbol means. Thus the term universal.

Then there are symbols that represent something to you only or between yourself and your inner being. So look at any symbols in the dream and determine what they mean to you.

This may not have anything at all to do with your husband. What does he mean to you (besides the obvious)? Financial security, protectiveness, etc.?

Then take a look at what you were feeling inside the dream. Were you an observer or were you a character in the dream?

What I'm saying is that for a dream to be interpreted properly, someone with a knowledge of symbology, etc. would need to talk with you about feelings, thoughts, things going on in your life, things weighing on your conscience, etc. and based on the above parameters and others, give you an interpretation.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

are you stressed and tired? Are you worried about your husband or someone else? Have you been watching too much violence on television? Dreams are sometimes just like word salad, a mixture of thoughts drifting around chaotically in our minds. Might not mean anything.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Dreaming is your subconscience trying to work out a problem,

and if this is a reccuring dream,

it means that it is something that needs your attention...

ever had any dreams that were prophetic in nature before?

• moshe
    moshe

Is your rewind button stuck? Seriously, I have had recurring dreams that I am being chased by people who want to harm me. I once thrashed myself out of bed during one of my nightmares. These went on for many years, until they just stopped a few years ago. My wife is glad I don't kick her in my sleep any longer. I wish I knew what is was all about, too.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Sometimes our dreams are a reflection of what we subconsciously desire.

.....................or fear. There is a theme of guilt in your dream..........and it may be guilt about something that you are doing or not doing that has nothing to do with jeopardizing your husband's life......................Guilt is pretty general - we all have it about something or other...............

• journey-on
    journey-on

Are you feeling responsible for something that has happened to your husband? Are you having regrets that in some way you have caused him sadness or pain? (police being called and you being arrested) Without some of the details, it's difficult to help you decipher the message. But if the dream is recurring, it's an important one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit