i wonder

by bigdreaux 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i didn't want to hijack the wanderer's new thread about weather the w.t.s. should be held accountable for shunning, but, in reading it, a thought flashed across my little brain. he pointed out that apostates that picket conventions are usually the worst kind of "apostates" they usually seem angry and uneducated. what if, they are not actually apostates, but, people put there by the society, to scare the witnesses. i mean, its a good plan. make us all look like crazy dogs, then, when you go to talk to someone, those images are stired into their head. i wouldn't put it past them. ahhh, i love conspiracey theory. lol

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

You might just have something there. I've only seen them picket at one convention and I paid no attention at all. If what you say is true about the type of people they are then there could be something to your theory.

When I expressed my "concerns" to my niece about the FDS, the first thing she said to me was, " You aren't going to be like those crazy apostates that yell at you when you are walking into the convention are you?"

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I doubt that the society would go that far in casting people to look stupid.

Personally I have never seen apostate protesters in my area, then again I don't hang out near convention sites, growing up I went to a Spanish cong, perhaps there are not many Spanish speaking apostates willing to picket.

• changeling
    changeling

I don't think the society is capable of such clever thinking. But I give you kuddos for your flash of brilliance!

changeling

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    he pointed out that apostates that picket conventions are usually the worst kind of "apostates" they usually seem angry and uneducated. what if, they are not actually apostates, but, people put there by the society, to scare the witnesses. i mean, its a good plan. make us all look like crazy dogs, then, when you go to talk to someone, those images are stired into their head. i wouldn't put it past them. ahhh, i love conspiracey theory. lol

Very doubtful. I think the people who picket the conventions are probably very angry (as far as uneducated, how does their appearance make them "seem uneducated"?). They have family members shunning them, being cut off from all their family and friends, while they stand there and watch the Society continue to further brainwash their loved ones. What's not to be angry about?
    Some lost many, many years of their lives to this rubish and others had incredibly unforgivable things happen to them by elders or others in power when they were children. Losing, their youth, their family, friends, time and money- who wouldn't have some bit of anger. I think the people who have the nerve to picket are definitely not planted by the society. They are real people who just want back what was stolen from them from this sick cult and they probably want to help other people get free.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

While growing up and even now I see folks (I don't feel comfortable calling them apostates) picketing all the time at both circuit assemblies and district conventions. But come to think of it, I only saw them at English events never at the Spanish. A couple of times, I've even seen planes with large banners attached circling overhead during the convention for all 3 days. One year, I went to write down the number on the banner and some sister behind our row woke my mom up (her story is, she listens better with eyes closed ) and scared her half-to-death to tell her I was being sucked in by the "apostates". I just figured that anyone who went througth that much effort to get a plane and pay for the gas and to circle around all-day for 3 days must have had something pretty important to say but I never called the number. Now that my conventions are all indoors, there are always folks with signs and sometimes bullhorns after the Sunday session. Something tells me that these folks are not put there by the Society.

• emptywords
    emptywords

its a good plan. make us all look like crazy dogs, then, when you go to talk to someone, those images are stired into their head. i wouldn't put it past them. ahhh, i love conspiracey theory. lol

I cant believe they would want to worry about doing this, I have only seen a few apostates handing out leaflets, that was years ago and weather they are agressive or uni like makes no difference to the average witness, they shun them all. Those that carry on like a nerd, only make those that dont more appealing and intriguing.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This sounds like a CIA scenario and I don't think that the GB are into this kind of activity. Not at the moment anyway when they are not that desperate with the "apostates" though they say they fear they organising themselves that hasn't really happened up to the present.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    what if, they are not actually apostates, but, people put there by the society

Nah, no way..........

Admittedly though, ppl that do that really do only reinforce the belief that all apostates are evil and hateful and are often only laughed at and mocked by JW's after the fact. I remember in 1985 coming out of Montreal Olympic stadium and walking into the "tent city" (where we lived in a tent-trailor for 5 days!) and on top of the bridge were apostates yelling and talking with megaphones. There was even one person dressed up in a monkey suit!! It was quite funny, he probably doesnt even know he is quite a celebrity cause JW's still give comments now and then about him at the KH when a watchtower on apostates comes up!

I also remember one banner that said : "MILLIONS THAT WILL NEVER DIE ARE DEAD!"

I remember laughing at that one too

• fokyc
    fokyc

I stayed alive to '75 and I am still doing it!

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit