Shunned

by Anti-Christ 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Hi. Just wanted to share something with you all. About a month ago I call my very active JW father and ask him a few questions about an Awake article (the famous one oct 8 1968) and about the "obedience and submission" article and to call me back and give me some information.

Well he did not call back and Friday my sister in law calls me and tells me that some JW are saying I am an apostate. I ask were did they get that from ( because I have not talk to any JW about my findings, except my dad) and to my surprise she said my dad. I call my dad back yesterday and ask him if he checked the article I ask about he said yes and said that nothing was wrong with the article ??? I was like OK what ever, ten I ask what's up with telling people I'm an apostate he said " I never said that" he just said that I was reading apostate articles. We all know to them it's the same thing but what ever.

Now he starts to say that the "apostates" have nothing but hatred to offer and that JW have only love to offer. Ten he said that all those "apostates" were just upset that they made bad decisions in there life and are not "man" enough to accept there mistakes and blames the "society" for every thing. Now I ask if he his saying this about me and he said yes. ??? OK what bad decision? The only bad decision I made was to believe the WT and ten he said that I was free to make my on decisions and the WT never forced me ??? I said "what??" I never chose to be borne in the JW and I trusted them because that's was all I knew.

Now this is wen it got ugly. He started to say that we "apostates" were all the same. In other countries were the JW are banned, it was their very own family members that turned in JW and that they would watch and clap wen their family members were executed. I said "what are you talking about?" He said if I did not want to follow "Jehovah's organisations" that was up to me and I could believe the moon was made out of cheese if I wanted to??? Ten he said in the end I'm going to turn on them and if I wanted to die at Armageddon and go crazy and put an axe through my mothers head??? it was my choice... That's wen I lost it. I yelled at him that I could not believe he could say something like that. I said this only proves to me that the WT is a mind controlling cult for him to believe something like that, then he said never to call him again...

Well I just wanted to share that with you all and see what you have to say. Thank you in advance.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

wtf dude? i'm speechless. sorry you had this happen. your right, conversations like this show how controlled they really are.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The control is amazing, as soon as they sense taht someone has doubts they immediately go into the shunning mode. They are the ones that are not men enough to sit down and discuss reasonable doubts about their faith something their GB should have done first and foremost.

I wonder why they can't see that their leaders are running away from fair and open debate. And question why they are doing so. It's because their doctrines are so rotten they are simply indefensible.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The Witnesses, as is true with all high control groups, live in a world of labels and definitions that fit their closed view of the world.

Apostate is one of their most powerful loaded words - it immediately gives them a label for a person and they can then apply their definition of that person. It gives them a lable and gives them an escape from having to use their reasoning ability or critical thinking skills. All their thinking has been done for them by the WTS and its "apostate" label. That's what your dad sees when he hears the word apostate: people filled with hatred toward the JWs, people who have failed to live up to the Bible's standards, and who take out and blame their failures on the WTS.

The Witnesses have a hard time reasoning that a person can leave the Witnesses for a good reason: its lack of logic, the lies much of its theology is built on, the fact that most of what is taught is simply not true. As soon as you can accept any of these kinds of thoughts, you're already in a position to leave the Witnesses yourself. In order to remain a Witness, you have to blind yourself to these ideas, reject them without thinking about them.

That's where your father is at, and it is likely he will never change his thinking. Once you do, you're on dangerous ground. I've used the illustration a thousand times: Watchtower teachings are a beautiful house of cards. It looks great and substantial, but as soon as you find a flaw in and remove just one card, the whole WT house collapses. That's what happened to me. As soon as I saw that the first 20 chapters of Genesis absolutely could not be believed at face value, the entire structure of WT theology simply collapsed flat.

I'm sure you understand this, and you're seeing that sort of thinking in action with your dad. He's willing to believe the myths of the Bible as true, and that means he'll also accept the myths about "apostates" turning in and killing their family members. What bullshit!

S4

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"an axe through your mother's head?" You know, you have him against the ropes and he is using all the weapons he has to keep from going apostate with you. The more scared people are, the more violently they react. I wonder what would happen if you wrote him a note that says "I know you didn't really mean those awful things you said. I love you. I forgive you."

• free2think
    free2think

Im speechless.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

• changeling
    changeling

I'm sorry dear. There's just no reasoning with unreasonable people.

changeling

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

This soooo sounds like something my dad has said.

such love.

lisa

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Thank you all for your comments.

Seeker, I really like the way you explain the thinking process of somebody under mind control.

Hortensia, I tried to forgive him for the physical and mental abuse but he never acknowledge that he ever beat the crap out of me or that he use to call me an idiot and so on, but I am coming to terms with it.

Free2, thanks for the hugs.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    "I know you didn't really mean those awful things you said. I love you. I forgive you."

Hortensia, this is good advice. They get really scared when someone challenges "Mother". They defend her with the most assinine statements. They're not interested in the real truth because it would crumble their glass house.

Anti-Christ, take the high road. Hold your temper and speak to him with strength and confidence. Tell him you know it's hard to accept the fact that he's been bamboozled all these years, but when he realizes it, you will be there for him and help him come to terms with it.

In other words, turn the tables on him. You be the one with godly counsel for him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit