A Bible Question, please comment

by restrangled 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• restrangled
    restrangled

There will have to be assumptions involved here.....That God exists, the Bible is the word of God and creation is as stated in Genesis, etc. etc.

In the Old Testament, God seemed pretty straight forward, let certain people know (and not by osmosis) his intent. Backed certain kings, and showed power through physical occurrences over and over again.

Along comes his son, who died for the entire race as a ransom for Adam's sin. While on earth Jesus was extremely straight forward, his parables were easy to understand and the message was clear.

Suddenly the New Testament is written and everything is a mystery to be interpreted by only a select few with many faith's claiming exclusive knowledge including but not limited to the Catholic Church,, The Jws, Protestants, etc., etc.

It has been distorted, picked to pieces, and put back together again by many religions.

So this is my question: God always dealt pretty straight forward with the human race, so why is his book so complicated that none of us are smart enough to get it? Does it make sense that he would only allow a select few to understand what he was trying to say? Maybe it is very simple and it has been complicated to no end my false religion........(you get my drift)

This may seem like a ridiculous question, and I apologize ahead of time, but it's really bugging me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would like to try, but I can't make your assumptions. I won't get into the typical debate, though.
    Instead, I will say that you say: God always dealt pretty straight forward with the human race, so
    why is his book so complicated that none of us are smart enough to get it?

According to your question, in the complicated book, God was supposedly straightforward with
    some of his followers. Even there, there are conflicting creation accounts and some kings who
    weren't clear of God's instructions. Where it seems that God was straightforward with Adam or Noah
    or David or whomever, it is because it was written after the fact by people trying to use the writings
    to manipulate/control the flocks similarly to what is done today.

IMO- it has ALWAYS been complicated to no end by (false) religion.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    God always dealt pretty straight forward with the human race, so why is his book so complicated that none of us are smart enough to get it?
    Does it make sense that he would only allow a select few to understand what he was trying to say? Maybe it is very simple and it has been complicated to no end my false religion........(you get my drift)

This may seem like a ridiculous question, and I apologize ahead of time, but it's really bugging me.

He does deal in a straightforward manner with the human race, and His Book is not too complicated for us to "get it." It only becomes complicated when we allow others to convince us that they're the only ones "smart" enough to understand it.

No, it doesn't make sense that He would only allow a select few to understand what He is saying. The Way is indeed very simple and has been complicated by false teachers. Yes, I get your drift.

I don't think there are any ridiculous questions. Ridiculous people, yes. I only wish I'd had the good sense to ask the above questions before I allowed an organization to convince me they were God's channel. Thank you for your compelling post.

Snowbird

• JH
    JH

The bible is a riddle, and whoever finds out what God wants, gets eternal life.

• restrangled
    restrangled

On the way out....

I appreciate your perspective...and I realize that all cannot assume certain things. That withstanding, the universe, our earth, and life itself is pretty much based on mathematics.

Its how we reached the moon, measure earthquakes, light years, physics, quarks, etc., all are based on very exact mathematics. Even the Mayans were able to predict from several thousand years ago the placement of the stars during our time period. Our own genetics are based on very clear genes and their arrangements mathematically.

This is still my point. If you believe in god and creation, and if you believe in the bible, how is it that everything in the Universe is organized and explainable, yet the book from god turns into a mystery only interpreted by self appointed religious nuts.

Would god have not made his book easy to read for his own creation?

r.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A person who was born and raised in a different culture might not agree with your conclusion that the Xtian Bible is the Word of God. How would you prove your assertion to such a person?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I said I wouldn't get into the typical debate, so I hesitate to type this:

Would god have not made his book easy to read for his own creation?

Yes, I imagine He would have made His book easy to read for his own creation.
    Not going to comment further, down that slippery slope. I just want to get along with everyone.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Nathan Nates, I am asking a question based on logic as I know it. I don't know how to answer you....please explain your position.

r.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Your question is the exact reason I am very reserved about believing anything right now. If god wants us to do something, act a certain way, believe things, etc., why does it have to be such a mystery? If he exists and is truly loving of humans, why would he make it so difficult for us to know what is right?

It's kinda like a parent raising a child, saying to the child: "I won't tell you the rules directly. You need to figure out what my rules are and then obey them. You might be right and you might be wrong, but I'll only reward you if you happen to guess right. If you're wrong, you'll lose my approval." How fair is that?

So I figure I can't know for 100% sure if my beliefs and actions are "right" or if god even exists. And since he has been watching from afar (assuming he exists) and has stopped communicating with humans, how can he hold me as an imperfect human accountable? I don't feel the love in that.

• concerned x
    concerned x

I too, asked very similar questions. Haven't as of yet received any truly satisfying answers but I did cross one very important bridge. And that is this: From the prospective of the WBTS and their claim of being God's channel through the governing body and/or the faithful and discreet slave (and by extension any religious group who claim similar priviledge) I did a detailed research into such claims. The actual claim is suppossedly nothing more than an extention of the first century congregational authority. If you would be interested in reading my findings I will gladly send it along to you in a word format doc. Simply send an email address that I might forward to. The only request I have is your thoughts about the study after you read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit