THE WTS: CRASH OR SLOWLY FADE AWAY?

by Seeker4 40 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Zico wrote

They're still seeing an increase at the moment,

Is this happening in English-speaking congregations in industrialised Western countries? If it is, the annual Watchtower statistics don't reflect the increase. I think it's the opposite: Stagnation or actual decrease.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Quandry,

Nice post. I must say that the generation change of the mid-1990s was a huge turning point for me. Yes, it's chinks and chunks coming off.

And those trumpet blast assemblies of the 1920s - man, I couldn't accept that even when I was a gung-ho JW! That was ludicrous even then.

NO ONE, and I mean NOOOO ONE, had any memory of that as a significant event of the century. That was perhaps the most idiotic application of Bible prophecy the WTS ever made.

S4

• saywhat?
    saywhat?

The WT org. had me hook, line, and sinker until I decided to use the internet to do extra research on the method of Jesus' crucifixion. I discovered info that made my jaw hit the floor. The icing on the cake was my discovery of this forum and reading "real life" stories as opposed to just reading someone's book or article. When I told my teacher about my doubts, he tried telling me how much he cared for me and my family. He sounded so fake and rehearsed that I wanted to throw up. I truly believe God answered my prayers by helping me find this forum.

• blondie
    blondie

Apostasy and derivants in the WT

1966-56
    1972--9
    1973--5
    1974--8
    1975--38
    1976--54
    1977--24
    1978--18
    1979--28
    1980--62
    1981--44
    1982-46
    1983-122
    1984--50
    1985--34
    1986--102
    1987--28
    1988--32
    1989--40
    1990--41
    1991--43
    1992--29
    1993--36
    1994--43
    1995--37
    1996--26
    1997--35
    1998--23
    1999--24
    2000--36
    2001--20
    2002--22
    2003--26
    2004--46
    2005--22
    2006--36

• steve2
    steve2
    Apostasy and derivants in the WT

Blondie, I'm not sure what you mean by this statement and the correponding years and figures next to them.

• blondie
    blondie

I think someone commented on the increase in apostasy being mentioned in the WT after 1975...did I put on the wrong thread?

Blondie

• Joseph Seiss
    Joseph Seiss

Greetings,

Obviously, due to it's holdings alone, the Watchtower organization can continue as long as it cares to. However, it will continue to be less and less relevant as time goes by, owing to the fact that it has not made a succesful transition from an apocolyptic sectarian group, to a "denomination." The Seventh Day Adventists, and others have made the transition by building hospitals, schools, colleges, etc. nailing down their tent pins so to speak, while the Society has continued to eschew the "world" and it's ambitions for the most part.

Regards,

"The one true Church, dear friends, is the church of the Bible. There never has been but that one true Church. All others are false, and if I build up another church I would be building up another false one. That is not our proposition at all."--C.T. Russell

• jam
    jam

how many out there has become more knowledgeable of the bible then you were as a JW.? I was a elder and just as others have mention my knowledge pathetic. A jw work at JPL here in Pasadena ca. We know the kind of intelligence that works there. This story was told in this area. The jw approach one of the individual that was working on one of the out of space program. The JW told him , it is very simple, all you need to do is read this WT and you will know all it is about space. The JW gave him the WT .The Jw that told me this story new the JW. He told me ,you see all the schooling those people receive to work at JPL is a waste time and money. We have the answer. A janitor working at JPL have the answer.

• Nulite
    Nulite

For years in my hometown, growth has been stagnant. No young, no middle class, no educated people. The elders are getting old. My brother and I were the heirs apparent there and we are since long gone.

The J-Dubs are odd ball uneducated misfits.

• hubert
    hubert
    I was just reading the thread about Barbara Anderson and perhaps some BIG NEWS she will publish about the WTS.

Good morning, Seeker and Lori.

Is this some "new" big news coming out soon, or are you commenting on "old" big news from the past?

If it's some new stuff, can you give a link to where you found this thread?

Thanks. Have a great day.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit