Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-22-07 WT Study (Elderly Blessing)

by blondie 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Hi Blondie, my heart cringes at all the people who are wasting away their youth and God-given talents with the prospects of petting lions and elephants.

• Robert222
    Robert222

Well one "elderly" person I spoke with is my aunt who each yr since 1975 has wondered whether she should invest in a new car. She would say, "well this is my Armaggeddon car", meaning it would be the very last time she would spend that money because should would be sitting in a paradise. That aunt is now 60 and dying of cancer.

Is she a strength to young ones in the hall? Hmmm. Peronally, I want back the yrs the WA stole from me. Any young person I would gladly tell you live your life to the full, as time goes very fast, and make your own decisions about god and life.

• blondie
    blondie
    Peronally, I want back the yrs the WA stole from me.—Robert222

I felt that way too about the years my pedophile father and alcoholic mother stole from me, about 60% of my childhood. I have found things to remember with fondness about my childhood connected with the kind and loving people outside my family. Remember yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why they call it the present. We only live in this moment, the rest is unreality.

my heart cringes at all the people who are wasting away their youth and God-given talents with the prospects of petting lions and elephants.—Sacchiel

My experience is that many jws talk the good talk but don’t walk the way they talk. A few are so trusting and believing that they do give up more good things than the average rank and file does. Are they looking for a recognition of special holiness and acceptance? Maybe. But people eventually wise up and then have to make an intelligent choice. Some choose to remain for good, some selfish reasons, some lack the support to leave on their own. I have found that many DBs are good for helping people grow and finally escape.

I'll just make it a point to look around in a vain attempt to see if there's ever any looks of puzzlement or consternation when we get to a real logic "whopper".—Open Mind

I was one of those who could not believe that the WTS would deliberately lie until the statement in a 1993 WT that they were always consistent about saying 1914 was the beginning of Christ’s presence. I knew that the Proclaimers book had a segment that said they believed 1874 was that year and believed officially until 1943 when the printed a “clarification.” That made me start digging into the old publications even more. It sometimes takes an epiphany for us to wake up to the real “truth.”

Being such hypocrites they shouldn't be advising about this issue.—greendawn

Not much different than the religious leaders of Jesus day where he said to do what they said when it came from the scriptures, but not to do what they did.

Great comments everyone. Much more interesting than the Sunday meeting today.

Love, Blondie

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

thanks blondie! now I have no need to go to the PukeTower today....hmmm for that matter, I dont feel like going to the PukingTalk either.....I think I am still recovering from yesterday! (Actually, I do need to work longer to make up for that).

It looks like Blondie will continue to have access to the study articles.

as a side note. (but not a hijack of course).. my mom told me they read the letter last night about the 30 min PT...and I asked her about the availability of the "Study" edition of the WT...she said they stated it would still be available to the general public...anyone can still get it...we just would not be offering it during the ministry as part of the usual presentation.

So Blondie's access to the PukeTower is apparently safe.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "mmm..not going to the meeting today" Sheep Class)

• emptywords
    emptywords

I truly find the only elderly that get attention are those that are have property and are very ill ready to cark it or are in nursing homes, this is true.

And I remember reading on the best post thread in someones experience about an elderly lady that was on her own for so long, and hadn't attended meetings because of age and health, brother were in the territory and called in, she was so pleased to see them and said I wondered why nobody called I thought I must have been disfellowshiped. Just disgracful.

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks,for the review Blondie

Your're right they the GB is stuck on the OT.They tried to play make belief with this years D.C. of "Follow The Christ".Can you imagine when they review the WT at the D.C.this weekend.Notice......Moses is mentioned 7 times,Abraham 8 times, Noah 10 times.Guess how many times Jesus's is mentioned only ONE time.I did not bother counting all the other oldies.

Bob

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    For those who lived prior to the Flood, including the eight human survivors of that Noachian deluge, this will present no great problem at their resurrection from the dead to life on earth under God’s Millennial kingdom. But for the vast majority of the rest of mankind, it will mean learning a new language, the language God purposes for all humankind. In view of good language instructors used by the Kingdom, there should be no great problem on this account. Even resurrected babies can be taught the new language from infancy. In this way they will all be able to communicate with one another directly, with full understanding of one another’s language terms and expressions. What a unifying effect this will have on the human family! Think of their all being able to read the inspired Hebrew Scriptures, each one for himself, and to observe how all its prophecies have come true and how it also contains an accurate historical account down to the days of the prophet Malachi! Then the honest-hearted ones will be able to say, as did the apostle Paul: “Let God be found true, though every man be found a liar.”—Romans 3:4.

Hi Blondie! It was paragraphs like this that prompted a pioneer sister in my congregation in 1974, to study and learn the Hebrew language so she would be among the "ones" to teach it in the "paradise earth."

As far as my summer is going, hubby and I are looking forward to having my son come home this Tuesday from Japan. He was there for 7 weeks, partly on a school study program and partly sightseeing!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I have often felt that all of this reminiscing is as relevant to the R&F JW as old home movies are to non-family members. You know the kind that are just hours and hours of family outings and reunions? It means something to those who were there, but quickly gets boring for others. Who outside of old JWs cares about the "brothers" who did this or that in the old days of the organization? Does that have any relevance to the single Mom or young JW trying to get through college? Usually not. And that is why these articles bother me. The same goes for when they have convention parts where they trot old JWs who reminisice about ye olde days in the org. And it also has nothing to do with the old JWs who weren't pioneers or missionaries or didn't have some other special job either.

Isaac

• Robert222
    Robert222

Thanks Blondie.

Also I can relate to the comment by "truthsetsonefree". It made me think of when I heard the elderly experiences at district conventions it made me very sad. I thought what an empty life, with nothing to look back on with fondness. Just an empty life of walking door to door, and the horrible routine of plodding to weekly mtgs. The same treadmill, with no life, no new experiences, nothing to look forward to.

• blondie
    blondie

I learn so much from all of you. Thanks for sharing.

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit