If you ain't a PIONEER, You ain't SH**!!!

by Open mind 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Yea, it was terrible because the people I got that from the most were my parents. They said that's what everyone should be doing and that if I wasn't, then I was bringing reproach on Jehovah's name.... f*ck that!

• FairMind
    FairMind

After my divorce from my first wife a young (30ish...) pioneer sister propositioned me. To say the least I was flabbergasted and didn't accept the proposition. Now I wonder if I should have accepted and maybe found out if pioneers were really special.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OntheWayOut:

I agree with your post. I was always appalled at the number of pioneers who had no business being on the pioneer list. Some of them couldn't "hack it" in the working world and they just as much told me so. The only "acceptable" job for a woman was housecleaning. One moron suggested to me that I was "materialistic" because I had a full time job in an office! A lot of these people didn't "count the cost", no, they thought other people in the congregation, namely the people who worked full-time, owed them something. Yeah, they wanted somebody else to pay for their 'everlasting life'. Too many of them deliberately lived on the edge and, sadly, some had a con-artist mentality. If I worked out in service with a pioneer I might give them some money for gas, but that was it.

While I realize this generalization doesn't apply to everybody who pioneered, in my observation it applied to many of them. The only ones I saw who could pioneer and support themselves in a dignified manner were retired persons, students living under their parents' roof, and a lucky person here and there who had an unusual circumstance where they worked part time and had enough money to do this. I might also mention that some pioneers could not do so all the time and it was only a seasonal thing with them.

The others had NO business WHATSOEVER being pioneers and thinking they deserved to be supported like some wanna-be clergyperson! I left the catholic church because I don't approve of a clergy class. Does anybody there seriously think I dodge cars and maniacs so they can go tripping along ringing doorbells and patting themselves on the back? If somebody deliberately wants to live in poverty, that's all well and good. However, they have absolutely no business looking in my direction.

LHG

• "BadAttitude"Ex-Bethelite
    "BadAttitude"Ex-Bethelite

"Hmmmm....... Maybe I'll start a thread someday entitled "How to go out with a Bang!"
    I'm sure there are plenty on JWD."

I left fairly quietly. But this one time (not at band camp) I couldn't resist messing with them a bit. I was putting up lawn signs for a political campaign, and so I stuck one in the lawn of a kingdumb hall. The hall is on a busy street and the sign stayed up for a day or so before disappearing.

I guess the devil made me do it!

• zack
    zack

Unfortunately, I was one who thought I was actually performing some sort of great public service when I pioneered. But I had a real career and success, a nice house, etc.... and never let others dictate to me my self worth. I agree that the attitude is prevalent. It's all some people have. They have nothing else except the way they give themselves to the BORG. They are most to be pitied.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for all the posts everyone. I've been "incognito" from posting for a few days.

As for "Bad Attitude"Ex-B:

(not at band camp)

I got that!

and,

I was putting up lawn signs for a political campaign, and so I stuck one in the lawn of a kingdumb hall.

LOL. That's pretty funny. But if you wanted to get "double-mileage" out of something like that, you might want to put up a sign for an opposing candidate. That way he/she gets connected with the witlesses.

Oh, and again, welcome to the Board!

Open Mind

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

sooooooooo tru

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit