I need a girlfriend

by Junction-Guy 94 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

After this past trip to Ohio, I have become painfully more aware of how alone I am. I miss having someone to share my life with.

Im almost to the point of dating again, yet I have so many obstacles to overcome.

Given my past history and current issues, where in the world can I find another woman who will understand me and be willing to take things slow one day at a time.

I dont drink, dont enjoy going to bars. Im an occasional church going christian, old fashioned, etc etc etc.

If Ms.right is out there somewhere, then where will I meet her?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

If you're looking for a girl to fall out of the sky, I think you're out of luck. They usually don't survive the fall.

If you're not into dating services, you need to up your social presence.

If you have a hobby, take some classes.
    Volunteer your time to a good cause.
    Help out your church in organizing fund raisers.

There's alot of things, but I would suggest filling your idle time with human contact. You may or may not meet that special someone, but at least you won't be lonely.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Think of where your ideal woman would likely go, and go to those places.

If you're looking for a long term relationship, the best advice I can give you is date lots of women. The more women you date, the quicker you'll find your ideal woman and the better your chances of actually finding her. That's how I met my wife :)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Paralipomenon, Im not against dating services, I just hope they arent a waste of money.

As for church, my home church is 200 miles away from me, and the only church I have found here that even resembles my church is 40 miles away in Pigeon Forge.

As for social activities, if I get involved with anything else here it would be political groups similiar to what my brother belongs to.

As you may or may not be aware of, I came out on here about 4 months ago about my confusing sexuality. I would have to be honest up front, no hiding whatsoever. Im hoping to meet a woman who has experienced similiar things and is understanding.

finding the right woman for me will be no easy task, but when the time comes I will put my best foot forward.

Im just tired of being alone and feeling like a loner.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I thought I remember that you had issues in your last relationship. Why is it you think you need to get invovled with a woman, if you are gay? Maybe you should be looking to be a partner with a man if that is where your heart truely is.

Personally I don't think it would be fair to get another women involved, if you truely can't give her what she needs in a relationship! Sometimes being alone can be a healthy way to understand who you are, at times it can be lonely, but you can begin to understand self. In doing so then you will be able to give who you are to a relationship!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

JG,

I thought you were married? did I miss something while I was gone?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well my ideal woman is probably residing somewhere in Johnson County Kentucky.

My church is there too, yet Im here and will probably be here for awhile.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes Dragonlady76, you have missed quite a bit. Amanda and I have been separated since January 2006, and I came out as "almost gay" back in March (I believe). Yep you've missed quite a bit.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Yes Dragonlady76, you have missed quite a bit. Amanda and I have been separated since January 2006, and I came out as "almost gay" back in March (I believe). Yep you've missed quite a bit.

What's almost gay?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Pigeon Forge.

hang out at those outlet malls, lots of women shop there!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit