What JW Things or Beliefs Never Really Interested You?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I liked the corny dramas. I hated the baptism talk. And following along in your Watchtower while a speaker gives a TALK is stupid!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I hated the info about 'youths', that was the worst. It is right up there with their teachings on families. I hated public talks on families!

• minimus
    minimus

I hated giving the "masturbation talk" at age 15.

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

the chronology was silly, the family 'advice' talks, the talks on cleanliness [as iff we were all still living out in the ozarks or the praries in the 1930's and didn't know how to was properly], the hallowed visits of the CO what a pain having to act excitied about these dorks.

the visits by royalty in my family....that was when Prime Minister Theodore and Queen Melita Jaracz came to a big family gathering. Funny enough this large family gather was usually put on by my Uncle V who is not a witness at all but was a good source of catering and a big pad and lot's of booze.

Nice! K

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I was sincerely interested in finding out the truth about things (haha!), but I didn't like to go over the same things constantly.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I don't think I was interested in any of it. Maybe the beasts.

And following along in your Watchtower while a speaker gives a TALK is stupid!

Ditto that! People thinks it makes them look more "spiritual" when they do that.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Like changeling, I'm not religious by nature.

I hated it all.

Just thought that Jehovah would bless me, especially knowing how much i hated it.

I guess I was wrong about that. LOL! Wasn't I, Jehovah?

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus- Never was interested in anything dealing with the 144,000, the heavenly hope, or ruling as kings and priests junk from Revelation. When we went through that in the Revelation book, it bored me to sleep. I'm an earthbound guy, totally. I was so uninterested as a youth, mom would let me sleep on the floor. Boy those meetings went fast! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• carla
    carla

As a non jw, researching the jw's was like the worst homework assignment ever given! Only it never seems to end and it's part of my life How the hell did that happen? oh yeah, ..... Damn, I could have a phd in something by now instead of this useless knowledge of some little known cult.

• minimus
    minimus

I never cared about Yearbook experiences. Big shit that a 90 year old woman swam thru crocodile infested waters 3 times a week and never missed a meeting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit