What JW Things or Beliefs Never Really Interested You?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I never cared about chronology. I was never interested in stupid convoluted explanations about dates or how a scripture in Revelation applied to the anointed. It was always BS to me.

I got totally sick of book studies that made us re-read Revelation Climax! or blood doctrines for the zillionth time.

What about you?

• changeling
    changeling

I was born and raised "into it". I don't think I would have been interested in JW's or any other religion had I had a choice.

changeling

• minimus
    minimus

I too was raised as a JW but I still hated certain things. Another thing I began to HATE were the elder's meetings. All it was, was a bunch of blowhards loving to hear themselves talk. I used to hightail it out of the meetings as soon as I said "amen".

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Male headship.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about the zillion deals that were between God and some of the people in the Old Testament? They acted as if I were somehow involved. The last I remember, I wasn't offered the same things that David or Abraham were offered.

Then there were the endless names for the Great Crowd and the anointed. They had trivial differences that meant nothing to me. Yet they acted as if the tiniest difference would mean dying at Armageddon or living forever. To me, it is a total waste of time to learn, since I am sure I am not in any of those classes or groups. I do not profess to be of any of those classes, and they can take them and shove them.

• minimus
    minimus

Where does the Bible talk about "classes"???

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was raised in and it didn't matter if I was interested in any of it or not I still had to go...something my oldest son and I were discussing yesterday and he can't get his mind around "If you don't want to go just don't" he said. I can't say any of it really interested me.

• minimus
    minimus

I never was interested in dating only to marry but there was no other way.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I never cared much for the chronology and I never entirely agreed with it, especially the age of the human race. I also didn't quite believe it when they applied fulfillment of prophecies to themselves. I also thought their explanation of Revelation was a little far fetched and I got tired of that book also.

WT Wizard:

I also got sick of hearing all these names for the great crowd. The whole religion is so hooked on labels and "classes" of every kind. I also got tired of having to remember all these non-essential bits of information like we were going to be quizzed all the time and you had to have this info at the tip of your tongue. My pet peeve was the one about all the Jerusalems, heavenly Jerusalem, etc.. and the bride of Christ. What, was I supposed to be jealous because I wasn't invited to this wedding???

Just call me one of the "sick and tired and not interested" class.

LHG

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Assembly dramas - never could understand why everyone got so excited about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit