Michael Vick Indicted On DogFighting Charges!

by SWALKER 26 Replies latest social current

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jeff T -

There is no Falcons - Browns game scheduled this year (unless they both make the Super Bowl , LOL ).

Here is the Falcons' 2007 schedule: http://www.atlantafalcons.com/Schedule/Schedule.aspx

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

A number of sports commentators are very disgusted by his behavior...I heard several on ESPN the other day and they said they'd never have any respect for him again!!! Pretty strong language and he hasn't been convicted yet. Still, I don't think he would have been indicted in this case had there not been overwhelming evidence. It will amaze me if his lawyers can get him off. I fully expect to see him do some jail time unless President Bush gives him a pardon! Depending on how his court appearances go, it may be that the team will have to give him a leave of absence, at least until the trial is over, then it may become permanent.

What's sad is that he was so talented...guess he just couldn't get above his raising. That doesn't mean that I have one ounce of pity for him, I don't. He deserves worse than jail time...

Swalker

• Gopher
    Gopher
    It will amaze me if his lawyers can get him off.

It's happened before (think O.J. Simpson).

I fully expect to see him do some jail time unless President Bush gives him a pardon!

LOL. Bush only gets his cronies off the hook (assuming they can still be of use to him). I don't think even Karl Rove could come up with a way to spin a pardon if Vick gets convicted.

I think the Falcons will have to start looking for a quarterback. They just got rid of a very talented backup (Charlie Schaub) who could have started, but the team chose to go with Vick.

Lots of talented people never got the chance that Mike Vick just majorly blew. Now it may be Vick knew what was happening but wasn't involved directly in the fight events. Even so, if he knew and covered it over - he's in big trouble.

He went to the NFL commissioner Roger Goodell last spring with a chance to come clean, and he lied and said he didn't know anything about those dogfights on his property. Given the fact that the NFL is not in the mood to compromise with troublemaking players since Goodell took over, Vick may have blown his chance to 'get off lightly' with the NFL.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

c'mon gopher, the browns and the falcons in the superbowl? neither will make it. i'm betting they won't even get a playoff birth. hahaha suck on that you atlanta fan. you know who you are. man i can't wait for football season. i love the trash talk. lol

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Go Pack! One more year for Brett!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I think the Falcons will have to start looking for a quarterback.

But they just signed Joey Harrington. Sorry that was a bad joke.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Update:

"NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell ordered Michael Vick not to report to the Atlanta Falcons training camp and hinted at the possibility of a suspension for violating league policies.

In a letter to Vick on Monday, Goodell told the Falcons quarterback that he should not attend camp until the league finished a review of his recent indictment by a federal court in Richmond, Va., on felony charges that he took part in dogfighting. Falcons players report to Flowery Branch, Ga., on Wednesday and the first practice is Thursday, when Vick will be in Richmond for his arraignment."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2007-07-23-vick-goodell-order_N.htm?csp=34

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit