You want some big Watchtower news? I think this is big news.

by under_believer 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

This is good news in away that if this law sticks, it will certainly bring to light to the followers of these religions and the general public too what the organizations are actually worth

and how much they grabbed and cultivated from their followers. The WTS have never openly or purposely exposed their monetary structure to the body of the faithful for good reason,

they try and maintain the status that they are in need and that any money sent to HQ will be put to good use, albeit that there is hundreds of millions sitting in their bank accounts.

Yes folks religion is big business and big power for the folks that strive for it, the WTS is just one example of this phenomenon. The surprising irony to this situation is that most JWS

aren't aware that the WTS are holding more than a billion dollars in assets, to date and will not give out a penny to any charitable organization or worthy cause ( how unchristian )

It proves in a strong way how well their self marketing has worked for them and maintains their structure as an organization.

• Mary
    Mary
    The problem here is that the WT has had each congo incorporate individually so that the society cannot be sued. Sure, you could the court to force the congo to reveal it's cash position, but that's what, about forty seven bucks? The society has it so layered, they can't get sued.

Apparently they can, as was recently demonstrated in the lawsuit they just settled. I have no idea about how they've got each congregation set up, but even so, the buildings and land that the Society owns must be worth a few billion dollars. If another court case comes along and they're dumb enough to try and whine that they're 'cash poor', I'm sure it won't take too long for the judge to enforce the selling off of some of their assets to pony up the dough.

I love stories like this. The Witnesses think they're soooooo far above Caesars Laws that they can do as they please without consequence. It's been a long time in coming, but it looks like Justice might finally be catching up to these arrogant pricks.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

VERY INTERESTING!

bttt

KT

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

This is BIG NEWS!

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I work with the courts in Oregon.

1.) Circuit Court

2.) Appeals Court

3. Supreme Court

4. Federal Court if allowed District and Circuit

5.) Nineth Circuit

6.) Supreme Court of the United States.

The Supreme Court is the highest court of Oregon if it was heard there then it has went through the Appeals Court or it won't be allowed into the Supreme Court of Oregon. The Supreme Court of Oregon does not take every appeal only the important ones.

If there are constiutional issues (United States Constitional issues) It can be appeal into the Federal Courts. Once there is will go up to the highest level into the Nineth Circuit then the Supreme Court of the United States can choose to hearing it they don't have to.

In that area all the way up they really don't like religion so it won't be go good for the society.

The veil for corporation to protect against lawsuit won't hold up if the the congrecation were following the society directives and were bound to follow them. The questions will be did the elders act outside of the society purveiw. It would seem they did not or the Supreme Court of Oregon would not be looking at the appeal for showing how much the societ actually has. That issue had to already be resolved and proven. There is no law that states a corporation earning can't be public unless the coporation was established in a state that does not allow that information to be public or overseas.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    The problem here is that the WT has had each congo incorporate individually so that the society cannot be sued. Sure, you could the court to force the congo to reveal it's cash position, but that's what, about forty seven bucks? The society has it so layered, they can't get sued.

Actually the Catholics tried this already and the courts did NOT buy it. I'll see if I can find that information, but it was thrown out with a "nice try" type of response. So there is already precedence for that as well. I hope the WTS is trembling in their collective loafers.

Sherry

• PinTail
    PinTail

I sued them once when one of their good will trucks rammed into my car, during the litigation my attorney let me look a big wad or of letter heads representing the company's they owe. Companies like Coca-Cola RJ Reynolds Tobacco, Union Pacific, Jack Daniels distillery, and a few other bible belt religions. Belive it or not.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Depends on what court the decision was made and at what level. Ultimately, if it wasn't the supreme court of the united states then it can go on up to that level out of any state court system. If it was to the highest levels sometimes it just wording and smart lawyers will work on the area of weakness and resubmit under another issue. In other words, it will be a pain in the ass for a while no matter what court it in. The society attorney's pretty much work for nothing so that won't hurt them.

• emptywords
    emptywords

You may have seen this about witness child abuse...

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/hamilton/20070125.html

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Was told by PO that the tower bought a printer a few years ago (oh and the end is coming) worth approximately 1billion dollars

Not that I don't believe the WTBS is rich but 1 billion dollars for a printer cannot be accurate. 1 million or maybe even 10 million I can believe but not 1 billion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit