You want some big Watchtower news? I think this is big news.

by under_believer 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The church respects the rule of law but has profound constitutional concerns based on its constitutional right to protect the free expression of its religion."

I read the article hoping to find a quote like that... just think about it: The people at the church say that they cannot worship freely if everyone knows how much money they have.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Oh, forgot to add, sorry, I didn't mean that I thought you were highjacking my other thread, only that for what I thought was exciting news, it hardly generated a response. Sometimes different posters can stir something up. Its all good.

Sherry

• Odrade
    Odrade

I think there are stops along the way from State Supreme court to SCOTUS. I heard this too, thought it was significant, and also thought that this one was sure to go all the way in the judicial system, because surely the LDS will not let it drop if they get an unfavorable ruling.

What I'm most curious about is whether WT will be filing a "friend" brief, or whatever that is called, like they did with Jimmy Swaggart?

• still_in74
    still_in74

doesnt the society put assembly halls and kingdom halls in the names of local servants so that they are disconnected? I know they have allowances and loopholes to get things back if ppl go awry but still....... I am sure I heard a report read about our circuit assembly hall that had in it the name of the brother that lived on the premises and looked after it.................

• Warlock
    Warlock

You can have a high net worth, and still be cash poor.

Warlock

• emptywords
    emptywords

I have my suspicions about what the tower has been doing with their loot. Was told by PO that the tower bought a printer a few years ago (oh and the end is coming) worth approximately 1billion dollars, it makes me think that the tower is worried about having to much $ in the bank in case of more child abuse claims, we know they have paid out millions of the sheeps money to gag victims, could be more coming up.

One brother told us that bethel was complaining that the society did not have enough money for them to have honey. Thats what they said, and he was really upset about how the tower could pay 1billion for the printer and not have enough spare for honey. Also all congo's have another money box added that makes three in each hall this one is for the buiding work, which everyone thought came from the other box for overseas work, but apparently no.

strange little happenings.

• wednesday
    wednesday

This may deserve it's own thread, but it ties into this one really well.

The Denton State School( in texas) is under-fire for the beating of one of their mentally retarded patients. The abuser has admitted to it. The parents took the boy out of the facility, but can't sue due to something I had never heard of. It is called the sovereignty clause, and basally it means "it's good to be the King(God)".They can't be sued. Incredible. The only thing that will cause sweeping across the board changes is a successful lawsuit that causes them to cough up their net worth.

Whoever successfully sues the Mormons or jws or catholics and forces them to disclose their cash value, well, they will open the door for other state facility's and churches to be held accountable for abuses. And for the watchful eye of the IRS.

• DannyHaszard
  • heretic
    heretic

I saw an awake magazine my dad had on his coffee table while visiting this morning, its the 'is love of money a bad thing' something like that, with a guy on the cover with about 500 bucks in his hands and the craziest face youve ever seen. I flipped through, basically it was the same old - dont educate yourself, build 'spiritual riches' while trying to keep your arse off the streets.

Side point i was there giving advice on my fathers dire financial situation.

He must be following that mag to the letter!

I picked it up and said first step throw out this!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Gretchen's thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/137928/1.ashx

Who knows why one thread takes off and another doesn't? Sometimes it has to do with the time of day. An early thread with few posters can quickly get buried to page three.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit