James Penton claims big Watchtower revelations to come...

by slimboyfat 88 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird
    the book concerns the 1917 hijacking of the Society by Rutherford and his minions, with MacMillan particularly complicit.

I've often wondered why Macmillan saw the need to telegraph Rutherford with news of Russell's death.

If Rutherford had left Bethel and was way out in California, what possible reason was there for him to know, unless he and Macmillan were involved in a little intrigue?

What's done in darkness will surely come to light!

Snowbird

• Arthur
    Arthur
    it appear fairly clear from the ChannelC thread discussing this is that the book concerns the 1917 hijacking of the Society by Rutherford and his minions, with MacMillan particularly complicit.

If this is the case, then I would say that this "revelation" is dead upon arrival. Underbeliever made a great point. He said that JWs just don't care much about historical events in the organization involving Russell and Rutherford. The early upheavals have already been painted as "apostates and troublemakers" who tried to insist upon their own way of doing things, and had to be cleansed from Jehovah's righteous organization. JWs care about the here and now. I think the only revelations that could ever influence their faith in the Watchtower are revelations about current conditions within the organization; not events some 80 plus years ago. JWs are convinced that apostates only try to dig up the past to nit-pick and "find fault" with Jehovah's organization. It's like George Orwell's 1984. Their history has been re-written for them - and they like it that way.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Due to recent and not-so-recent debacles related to "Big News about the WTS," daniel-p remains skeptical. And about the above post ^^^ - that's right. JWs don't give a hoot about their own history. To me, when I was in, it all felt arcane and irrelavant. If anything, all the historical developments told of was "how far we'd come"and how much the "organization was on the move" and other nonsense. In the end, I don't believe any huge revelations will dislodge masses of JWs from their delusions. JWism is a religion, and religious people will believe what they are convinced of. Anything that alters that belief is likely to be something stemming from their own experiences and life changes.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Personally I hope it has something to do with the rumors of them cornering the diamonds and precious metal markets in certain European Countries.

-ithinkisee

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Personally I hope it has something to do with the rumors of them cornering the diamonds and precious metal markets in certain European Countries.

Eh?

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Did anything come of this? Are Barbara Anderson and Rud Persson still planning on writing a book?

• OPUSDEI
    OPUSDEI

What happened with these revelations?, I have read it now in 2012.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That's what I was wondering.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ARTHUR: If this is the case, then I would say that this "revelation" is dead upon arrival.

Art: Looks like you got that right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit