How To Destroy The Watchtower Religion

by saved 14 Replies latest jw friends

• saved
    saved

i mean destroy like they're down to 200 members and most of them are in some retarded people's homes in albany new york.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I thought you were going to explain how you would destroy the religion. As for me, I let them be. They might become the product of their own undoing and it would be interesting to see that happen.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Wouldn't promoting something good be more desirable than destroying something bad? Also, seems to me that beliefs that operate on a persecution complex, like the jw's, will only grow stronger from attempts to destroy them. They feed off of such things.

• saved
    saved

the biggest problem i have with the JWs is the blood policy.

without it, i wouldn't have so much problem with my parents being JW.

but they're in their 50s. with aging just around the corner and the risk of medical problems,
    its not hard to imagine that blood would be an issue...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The best way to ruin the Watchtower Society is to expose the dirty laundry. Every time they changed a doctrine and tried to make it look like it has always been that way, they have built another nail in their coffin. The latest, for those who have read the "Coming Next Week" box on the Craptower magazine is that the blood issue is a conscious matter. The big issue there is that they lied by claiming it always was that way, when most people know about the years of blood cards and talks about accepting blood. All the equating being forced to take blood with rape, court orders, and committees sure has permeated most people's memories. And now they are being ordered to forget it just like that.

And how long is it going to take before the 1914 goes out of date? I say it already has. That was supposed to have been the end, not just the beginning of the end. And they have been proclaiming that Armageddon was coming imminently for the past year. They said that the new tract (the false religion one) would set off the Great Tribulation, while all it did was waste trees and energy and people's time. They said that it would be here before this summer (that was last summer), but that went bust. They said it was coming "in days, weeks" (presumably in June 2007--I heard speculation of June 12, 2007). That went bust, too. And now I am predicting that they are going to blow 2012 and 2014 out of proportion, getting people to sell out, and blowing it again. Then 2034 will come and go, ushering in 2035 instead of the new order.

Ultimately, the best way to destroy this religion is to have people see all the sloppy integration of doctrine that has run through the whole religion. Nothing integrates with earlier doctrine, current doctrine, current reality, and people's needs. They will not hold members if they all see it as a scam. The new ones coming in will also see the scams, and drop out. And ultimately that will cut off the money, which will stop them from running anything and they will go belly up. That is what it will take to ruin the Watchtower Society.

• saved
    saved

what issue/date/page of Craptower is this new thing on blood?

thx

• hubert
    hubert
    The latest, for those who have read the "Coming Next Week" box on the Craptower magazine is that the blood issue is a conscious matter.

WtWizard, Is this for real? Or are you just speculating?

Hubert

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Also, seems to me that beliefs that operate on a persecution complex, like the jw's, will only grow stronger from attempts to destroy them. They feed off of such things.

Most certainly. And, we destroy ourselves in the process. The Soviet Union slowly declined and fell apart without anyone firing a single shot. Let the Watchtower do what it does best; shoot itself in the foot. As cynical as it my sound, there is not one thing that we can do to force any JW to see things differently. They must wake up themselves. I can say this, because all of my family are JWs - I'm the only one who's out.

The best thing that we all can do individually is to help those who are just starting to wake up and who come out of the organization. We can be supportive of newbies who come on here, and let them know that there is a life after the Watchtower.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Most certainly. And, we destroy ourselves in the process. The Soviet Union slowly declined and fell apart without anyone firing a single shot. Let the Watchtower do what it does best; shoot itself in the foot. As cynical as it my sound, there is not one thing that we can do to force any JW to see things differently. They must wake up themselves. I can say this, because all of my family are JWs - I'm the only one who's out.

The best thing that we all can do individually is to help those who are just starting to wake up and who come out of the organization. We can be supportive of newbies who come on here, and let them know that there is a life after the Watchtower.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

R.F.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The latest, for those who have read the "Coming Next Week" box on the Craptower magazine is that the blood issue is a conscious matter. The big issue there is that they lied by claiming it always was that way, when most people know about the years of blood cards and talks about accepting blood.

Hey, hold on now. I just noticed this right now. Which article is this? Which page? You wouldn't be pulling our legs would you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit