DESIGN WITHOUT A DESIGNER??? tsk-tsk.

by karvel 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FairMind
    FairMind

This really is a godless world, A couple of scriptures that come to my mind whenever I read God denying drivel sych as this are;

Psalms 14:1 The senseless one has said in his heart:"There is no God."

(Romans 1:18-23) . . .For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way, 19 because what may be known about God is manifest among them, for God made it manifest to them. 20 For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable; 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their unintelligent heart became darkened. 22 Although asserting they were wise, they became foolish 23 and turned the glory of the incorruptible God into something like the image of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed creatures and creeping things.

Of course this is simply my opinion.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Wow! I love it wen bible believers resort to insults.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    This really is a godless world

Let's all be eternally grateful for that. If we lived in a godly world, who knows what greater atrocities would be committed against humanity!! We live in a sufficiently godly world to know what happens when people have faith ('Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, of realities seen though not beheld' = basically 'believing something dogmatically because you think it's the case without an ounce of proof'). Belief is such a dangerous thing in this world. It pervades us so throughly that we are blind to is harmful influence.

Faith and belief are the arch-ememies of reason and spirituality, which are the correct way of looking at ourselves and our consciousness in order to understand others and treat them as we do ourselves. Buddha seemed to realise this, Jesus too seemed to understand it, he hated organised religion, but not many people listened to him and now we have a whole plethora of religions which bare his name all with their own history of hatred and greed. The scary thing is that, in the 21st century, if, as a species, we all don't realise the fundamental principles of empirical/natural morality, we'll exterminate ourselves with our technology.

The senseless one has said in his heart:"There is no God."

In fact, the reality is quite the opposite. What the world needs now is a fresh burst of introspection so that we can all progress as a species, together, instead of wondering what more violent and hateful books this imaginary "alpha-male in the sky" has to send our way.

Of course this is simply my opinion.

Umm...it didn't much look like your opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looked more to me like quotations from the Bible.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

So explain "created in His image".

Who's image was this supposed bible god created in?

It's a myth. The bible god was created in the minds of the writers of the bible.

• sf
    sf

The bible god was created in the minds of the writers of the bible.

See, that is what I "believe" too.

It makes the MOST sense of all.

Thanks for the reply.

sKally

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Isn't it painfully obvious the types of arguments presented by Athiests are cool and well thought out and devoid of emotion. Then this God-freak logs on quoting scripture, but yet fails to even have an argument. He comes on here and just says "You all are foolish cuz da Bible told me so." Let that ignorant hick stand to represent all who believe in God. Tey are all guilty of the same poor scholarship and voodoo.

• mavie
    mavie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdVucvo-kDU

This is in response to the Psalms 14:1 quote.

Can someone make it clicky?

• Chameleon
  • LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    This really is a godless world

I wish... but in fact over 80% of Americans believe in a god. So I'm not sure how you figure it's a godless world.

But technically, I think the the entire UNIVERISE is godless. A lot of people disagree with me though...

Psalms 14:1 The senseless one has said in his heart:"There is no God."

When the opponent must resort to insults, you know you've won the debate.

(Romans 1:18-23) . . .For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way,

Insults AND threats... if this is what we can expect from god, then bring on the godlessness!!!

19 because what may be known about God is manifest among them, for God made it manifest to them.

And yet it's a human that wrote the book... if GOD is the one making stuff manifest, the why is it always the humans that are preaching at me?

20 For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable;

Right, because things are ALWAYS exactly as they seem... if it seems like the earth is flat then it's inexcusable to think otherwise, if it seems like there is an intelligence behind flowers then it's inexcusable to think otherwise, if it seems like you have a 50/50 chance of getting a car or a goat then it's inexcusable to think otherwise....

Common sense is quite fallible, so is intuition. I prefer to use science, logic and reason in attempts to determine the nature of reality.

21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their unintelligent heart became darkened.

More insults, and this time an apeal to emotion... don't you feel horrible for not giving Santa God credit for all his hard work?

Also, this scripture obviously isn't even talking about atheists, it's talking about people who believe in god and refuse to serve him. (Or more specifically, serve a different god.)

22 Although asserting they were wise, they became foolish

Another insult.

23 and turned the glory of the incorruptible God into something like the image of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed creatures and creeping things.

Also doesn't apply to atheist... at least not this one, since I've never made an idol.

On a totally different note: FairMind... don't take this as an insult, since I know you're not a troll... but I notice that you are still using the New World Translation. Probably because it's handy. Here's a great site that I use alot, it's a searchable online Bible, and you can choose and compare different translations... definately better than using the rigged and isolating JW version: http://www.biblegateway.com/

Lore

• B_Deserter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit