What kinds of sport are you into?

by zagor 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

I wasn't able to participate in sports as a kid either.

I play on a volleyball team from Sept-June. Absolutely love it. No coincidence there are three other ex-JW on my team.

Just finished my sixth sprint triathlon this morning. I swim, bike and run year round.

Rachel

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

In sports I'm also a loner, well almost. Scuba Diving, mountain biking, snowboarding, karate, jiu-jitsu and free diving.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In my younger day, I played organized softball. And neighborhood football. In school I lettered in wrestling, track and golf. But nowadays, I dont play or watch sports unless the Indians or Browns are making a run for it. So I have seen a few baseball games this year.

When I was a witnoid youth the friends played football, softball, or bassetball just about every week.

And we had a lot of picnics also. For me the sports on Sunday afternoons with the brothers was sort of an enticement to go to meetings along with 75 looming on the horizon. I would say in Cleveland Ohio sports was a recruitment tool and retainment tool of the witnoids in my day.

That was back in the 60's and early 70's.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I enjoy watching women's volleyball.

Which part, the women or the volleyball?

• zagor
    zagor

Hey guys thank you all for your responses. Just reading them all with a glass of wine (ok not a sport but sure as hell good refreshment afterwards ;)

Eclipse that was very well spoken, you might well be right. I’ll have to think about that one.;)

Nvr, who can argue with that ;)

Jade, That is a great shot, is that you on the horse? I’d love to do more horse riding myself. Some friends, about an hour drive from here, have got a ranch but I really have much time to go there.

Misanthropic, I know what you mean, I can’t stand watching it on telly either but The World Cup is something else. Mind you that doesn’t apply to ice-skating and few other winter sports for me at least ;)

JH, that was really funny. I still run every morning or almost every morning from my place to beach then along the beach some 5km and back. It’s beautiful, especially in the morning.

IP_SEC so what kinds of dears do you usually hunt down? ;)

bigmouth That is great that you enjoy team sports so much, I’ve tried to watch Rugby and League but for the life of me I couldn’t sit there and watch bunch of guys wrestle in mud lol. We should go out to Golf course sometimes ;)

Princess & reneeisorym I know what you mean. I never had that problem myself but know a lot of people who did.

Anti-Christ I don’t know why but for some reason I pictured you riding on a horse :) Yup looks like we have a lot in common, I’m not official anti-christ like yourself though I’m sure many dubs would beg to differ.

jaguarbass you know Baseball is actually one of the few team sports I always wanted to try but never had people who played it, but I’d really love to try it.

return visitor I used to go with my father fishing before I’ve got myself entangled in all wtbs saga but even now it is probably one of the most idyllic memories I have about my childhood

keyser soze yup my point exactly, so nvr are you going to answer or do you enjoy to have us guessing ;)

• golf2
    golf2

Baseball was my major sport. Golf entered my life after marriage. Golf, though an individual sport, does have events that require partners thus making it a team sport, lots of fun and a very addictive sport.

Golf

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Without a doubt, Equestrian!

Also, track & field, football, and rodeos.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

cricket, soccer, rugby, golf, gp.

and anything england or an english sports-person is doing well in....funny that innit

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

When I was younger I played tennis, but now that i have no friends, I can't play alone...lol

JH. I've heard that you can join tennis clubs online, to connect you with others looking to play tennis in your area. Might be worth a shot. You get to play tennis. And you might make some new friends.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I play Air Soft. Kinda like paintball but with realistic gear/guns and different ammo.

Great exercise and I get to hang out with friends.

Wanna see my Air Soft scars?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit