What kinds of sport are you into?

by zagor 19 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

It just occurred to me that just about every single sport I’m interested in, is one-man-band whether you talk about martial arts, archery, golf or any other ie.none of them are team sports. It just looks as if I best operate alone (or could it be I just find it awkward being in team I don't really know)
    Heck, the most “sports” I did where other side wasn’t an opponent were few dances such as salsa and recently tango.
    Likewise, the sports I don’t do so much myself but love watching are mostly like that too e.g. ice-skating. Ok with exception of soccer during the world cup ;)

I don't know if that explains my reaction to everything wtbs ever organized before where I just hated having to be a part of a big group of people who are supposed to act the same in synchronized fashion, as one elder told me once - possibly something wrong with me there ;).

What about you?

• return visitor
    return visitor

Golf, bowling and fishing (not really a sport)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Dear hunting

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I enjoy watching women's volleyball.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Maybe because you like to just focus on your own abilities, and you like to compete with yourself, your toughest opponent.

I dont think there's anything wrong with that, I think it just means you think independently, and you like working inependently..

I think it's more about your personality than your JW unbringing...because I too hate following a same mindset, but i like participating in team sports.

...but that's just me...

you know you better than anyone else ;)

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

'Dear hunting '- my wife does that too!

I coach and play soccer. And I can watch it for hours. Same with cricket. Rugby and League if someone else is supplying the drinks.

Golf, badminton, squash to play. Can't watch it on telly.

• Jade
    Jade

My favorite sport is riding so it's pretty much a one person sport but there are times that a bunch of us ride together.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    with exception of soccer during the world cup ;)

That's the only one I watch on TV.
    I like playing almost all games except for Football, don't mind watching live games at the stadium but can't stand to watch it on TV.

• JH
    JH

I love walking....I walk an average of 8 km a day in the summer time. When it gets cold, forget it.

I love going on bike when I'm not walking, and do about the same mileage per day.

When I was younger I played tennis, but now that i have no friends, I can't play alone...lol

I used to be very good at ping pong too, but I can't play alone...lol

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I wasn't allowed to play sports when I was a kid.... ya know, the whole JW thing ..

Mom used to take me roller skating with some other JW girls and that was a blast. Bowling ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit