Who would still be a Jehovah's Witness if it wasn't for the INTERNET???

by What-A-Coincidence 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

I would be going through the motions with no idea how to get out. I would be stuck feeling like things just weren't right but not being able to put my finger on it and without knowing where to turn to find out why. I imagine I would be incredibly frustrated and deeply depressed. Thanks to the internet and the wonderful man who found all the information for me to read, I can see it all exactly for what it is.

JELCAT

• prophecor
    prophecor

...the teachers and those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness (to uprightness and right standing with God) [shall give forth light] like the stars forever and ever. ( B )

4 But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the Book until the time of the end. [Then] many shall run to and fro and search anxiously [through the Book], and knowledge [of God's purposes as revealed by His prophets] shall be increased and become great.

I beleive that with the advent of the Internet, that only recently, has this scripture been fullfilled

Daniel 12: 1-4

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I wouldn't.

However, I still might think that they are the right religion. The internet freed me from any confusion in that area.

Me too.

• zagor
    zagor

I wish I could join the club but I had my first doubts back in 1990 before I even knew what Internet was, The only problem was there was no one around to talk to. I completely exited emotionally from it when they changed generation doctrine and by 1998 I stopped going to meetings altogether. IT was only then that I even entered name JW into the search engine, though was hardly interested in the subject. Then about 3 years ago something happened that made me look for additional info and that was the first time I stumbled upon several sites. One of which was also e-watchman. Not that I agreed with his world view but article that spoke about UN membership was thoroughly well researched. I checked his references and couldn't believe myself ever being drugged into this religion at all. So internet for me only confirmed things I already suspected. Oh yes I came across JWD something like 4 years ago (though didn't join at that time) while researching info about Israeli officer whose son was killed because of elders' negligence. Man that was a story every new one here should read. Absolute heartbreak.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

In the future, a branch off of the WTS will claim in their publication, the "New Light" House and Christian Reader", that the internet was provided by Jehovah God, in order for them to have made the escape from the Watchtower, to proclaim their new religion called "The Truth-ier". They will assert that Al Gore WAS the God driven origin of his "netly" people in the "Truth-ier".

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

In the future, a branch off of the Watchtower Society, will state in their publication, "The NEW LIGHT-House & Christian Reader", that the internet was provided by Jehovah God, to help them escape the Watchtower to proclaim their new faith called "The Truth-ier".

They will assert that Al Gore WAS the God Driven origin of the internet.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I know I would; I enrolled at uni for the first time ten years ago and failed probably due to the time I spent logged onto H2O at the library and pondering the seemed-to-be-earth-shattering info I was reading. (This sebtebce is testing paragraph formatting using new web browser).

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No but I would still be an apologist...

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

I decided to call it quits about a year BEFORE I had ever used the internet. Once I did get online though, reading other people's experiences and learning about the history of the WTS really helped me to move on and stop feeling bad about my decision.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

[edited] Sorry - duplicate post. What is it with this site? One minute it hangs and refuses to post anything at all, the next minute it posts twice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit