Who would still be a Jehovah's Witness if it wasn't for the INTERNET???

by What-A-Coincidence 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• monophonic
    monophonic

passive suicide, i don't disagree with you, if there is a god, i don't think prayer is set up in the way we understand it and there's a universe movement thing involved. i still believe there's a god, even though evolution is a viable option, i think there is something larger that got the ball rolling, whether to an adam and eve or to something else.

but there's something powerful in prayer and in putting a request out to the universe for an answer on something and the answer coming or the goal set up for yourself that i've experienced first hand.

do i have all the answers? no. is it God? i don't know, if it is, he's allowed some horrific shit to happen and i need to know why if i get a chance to challenge him one day....if it's not God, if it's something else, i'll accept that as well.

i don't know the source, but i know that prayer is powerful as is meditation and voicing goals to the universe....there's something set up that pulls it together.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If not for the Internet, I would still have abandoned the Tower. It was solely the way I was treated, the trends, and extrapolating from that the "new" order that made me decide that the cost of being a Witless was far greater than the "benefit". In fact, there was negative benefit from all this, between the all-men "new" order and the stagnation that the "new" order would mean. This meant that it was not worth any effort to stay in.

Basically, by the time I came to the Internet, I made a deliberate decision to look at apostate Web sites to get out of getting into this stagnant, blah, dreary new order. And from there, I saw that with all the "new light" the Tower is putting out, I felt that the apostates have just turned on the lights. So much for the illusions--the pedophile scandal, the origins of the doctrines, the UN problem, the pre-1975 disaster, and other flub ups they had just added to the reasons to go apostate.

What the Internet did do was to give me the tools to spread the apostate message without having to go door to door, picket a$$emblies, or direct mail tracts that would likely end up in the garbage. And the Internet is more likely to produce results than books and tracts that people wouldn't look at. One post, and tens of millions of people can see it. I now hope that this helps tens of millions of people to avoid the scam and for others who have been scammed to get out.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I wouldn't be a witness.

But, I'd probably still believe it was the truth - or close to it. I'd still lie awake at night waiting for Armageddon to come and kill me.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I had already "faded". The internet just confirmed all the doubts I had.

BB

• Quandary
    Quandary

Although I am only out mentally and emotionally for now because of family issues. I do believe that were it not for the internet I would have continued to believe that the problem was ME, not the GB. I thank JWD and Freeminds for truly giving me my freedom from the evil throngs of a man made organization which is so far removed from true christianity there is NO hope of it ever coming close to truly "following the Christ", it is hopeless! Thanks again to JWD and Freeminds!!

Q

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I do not think that the internet is sufficient to discredit the wts, however the internet I believe has made important information public that otherwise would probably have remain concealed. Such information is essential, again in my opinion, to help some jws make the the right personal choices and decisions that are best for each individual. Decisions which otherwise could have been made in error without careful consideration because of the conviction that the wts in God's proxy. This conviction strongly influences jws thinking.

I am not saying that the wts is not God's proxy and I am not saying that the wts is not who they claim to be. That is a personal conclusion. But in light of the disclosed facts and theories and influences presented on the internet about the wts, a person with such info may decide not to go into full time service or choose higher education or not condemn themselves so much for their sins. And even with wts doctrines, a jw although accepting wts commentary and beliefs also realizes that such position is only viewpoint and not absolute truth or fact no matter how believable the info may seem.

This is what the internet has done. It has forced jws to realize and to concede and to see that the wts has made mistakes. With that established, a thinking jw has to consider that counsel from the wts may be considerable but the internet has given him a broader view of things. Not that a jw should go against wts counsel but that eveyone has to pay the consequences of personal choice. JWS have expressed regret for not getting married, not having children,, not going to college, and now are confused about blood not really knowing that Blood treatment is a sin. A jws conviction on bloodless treatments is founded on faith in the wts spirit directed Bible understanding on Bible verses dealing with blood and fear of infection or fear of other harm believed to be caused by the blood transfusion and fear of divine punishment and fear of being shunned. A thinking person must consider all information availabe to him and in my opinion the internet is very informative

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit