Hello.

by emilyblue 61 Replies latest social relationships

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

emilyblue's words:

So why I am whining? I love the man. I love him very much. He has been through a lot in his life, and I never intended to add to his pain.

from Roger Melton's "Romeo Is Bleeding, Part 5":

Once he has successfully candied his hook with adoration, he will weld it into place by reeling in your attention and concern. His intense interest in you subtly transforms. He still appears to be interested in you, but no longer in what you are interested in. His interest becomes your exclusive interest in him. This is when things begin to feel "uncomfortable." Your thoughts, feelings and ideas fascinate him, but only when they focus on his problems. You can tell when this happens because you can feel him "perk-up" emotionally whenever your attention focuses upon his feelings and conflicts. Those moments can emotionally hook your compassion more deeply into him, because that is when he will treat you well - even tenderly. That's why, if you confuse pity with love, you'll believe you're in love with him. Especially if your maternal instinct is strong and rescuing is at the heart of your "motherly code." Following that code results in the most common excuse I hear as a therapist, as to why many women stay with borderline men, ".... But I love him!" Adult love is built on mutual interest, care and respect - not on one-way rescues. And mothering is for kids. Not grown men.

• emilyblue
    emilyblue

I called Allied Movers yesterday to set up my move to my home state as soon as possible, and they actually have a truck they can put my stuff on this Friday. I had already set this move up for last month, but cancelled it when things seemed to be going well, or better, in my relationship, and I didn't have the heart or strength to go through with it at that time. I have a job lined up there which starts at the end of August, and I am renting a house from my older brother. It's a patio home (similar to a condo) that is perfect for me! I've always loved it. My dad and his wife are flying out tomorrow to help me get packed up and ready. I feel very blessed to have my family's support, because I know they had pretty much given up on me coming to my senses.

Thank you to all of you. Every time I type a post on here, as someone said, I'm full of self-pity. But I want you to know your posts have not fallen on deaf ears or blind eyes. Your words have helped me along way in this process. I wish I had had the strength to end this relationship months ago, but I didn't. I just couldn't seem to give up the hope of it somehow getting better. But I'm ready to make the break now. As someone wrote to me before after I had a problem with him, this is as good as it will get with this particular guy. It's very true. It's all been downhill from there. I guess I did have to learn this the hard way, but I've finally learned it. I'm very sad now, but I know once I get moved and settled into my new house and new job and spend time with my family and old friends, I will be happy again.

Thank you all very much.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You're going to be just fine emilyblue.

You've dodged a bullet.

You'll look back on this and thank yourself for making such a courageous decision.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Good for you emily blue! It couldn't have been easy to listen to all the tough love people dished out in their posts. But you looked past the tough words and took to heart the constuctive criticism and concern underneath.

You are such a strong person for taking your life back.

Best of luck to you in your new job and let us know how you are making out.

Cog

• JK666
    JK666

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((emily)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You will survive this, even though it might not seem possible at the present. YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!!!

We will love you here, until you can love yourself.

JK

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I swear you sound like a totally different person in the last post compared to the first post beginning this thread. Nice to see the improvement and good luck with your move, job and new life. It sounds like you've done some real soul searching and come out of it on the up side, good for you emilyblue!

Keep in touch and happy trails!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, and by the way, stay away from the Merlot until you are safely moved back with your family. ((((hugs)))) for you and your beautiful family when they arrive to take you home.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How cool is that? I'm glad you have family to support you. Enjoy you new home...your family and your new life.

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

Have you thought about what you will say to JW's that come to your door?

lisa

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

SOOOO PROUD of YOU !!!!!!! YOU GO, GIRL!!

J-ex-W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh thank the lord! I've been wondering about you. Glad to hear you're moving on with your life. Yay!

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit