Did you get the personalized JW items?

by reneeisorym 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had a cover for my watchtower and KM as well as a tract holder, not-at-home slip holder, and return visit book.

I knew a MS who had a watchtower logo tie clip. I was jealous.

W

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

No but I was always impressed as a kid by all the 'neat' stuff some of the pioneers had. It always baffled me how word of mouth accounted for the majority of the business for these items and services. But having an inactive father I was never really in the loop and my mother was not that social.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Some one gave me an the first wife a leather Bible engraved with our names on it for our wedding talk.

Did I mention the the it was white leather?

I guess it symbolized our virginal condition entering into marriage.

Well at least the bible was a virgin!

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

A fad broke out at the hall I was attending that drove me up the wall. A few of the elders and some other brothers starting wearing Watchtower pins on their ties and on the lapels of their jackets. It was in the shape of the Watchtower logo you see in the magazine. I had the balls to tell a few of them that it reminded me of the way "worldly" people would wear crosses. I pissed a few of them off and they started wearing it more often. It was ridiculous. How could you say that a Christian wearing the symbol of the cross around their neck was idolatrous, yet wearing the symbol of your religion on your tie was perfectly okay?

I couldn't find the exact same model online, but here is one that is pretty similar:

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My mother got my brother and I our names engraved on new bibles when we got baptized.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit