Did you get the personalized JW items?

by reneeisorym 34 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I liked the little holder for the NH and RV records. Loose ones got lost and it was hard to write on them without a hard surface.

I always got generic bags and adapted them. I finally got rid of my last "bookbag" giving to a workmate to use as a purse...

No cutesy covers for me...

No WT jewelry.

I did mat and frame the colorful Bible pictures from the calendars and put them up like an art gallery. "Pissed" off some jws that thought it was all right to put them up as a calendar, but blasphemous to put them up as art....just an individual quirk, not official WT policy. I loved finding ways to irritate the prissy sisters.

Blondie

• free2think
    free2think

No, but i did want them. They looked more interesting.

• carla
    carla

wt jewelry? what do you mean? like their version of a cross perhaps only the tower instead? hmmm, sounds pretty worldly to me.

• blondie
    blondie

I thought so too, carla, even when a jw and said so.

Blondie

• carla
    carla

haha, I was just thinking if they had the tower people might think it was for Jimmy Hendrix, All along the Watchtower! now a loyal dub sure wouldn't want that!

• blondie
    blondie

carla, I attended one Florida congregation that had the Tetragrammaton in gold letters, framed and on the wall..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blondie

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Had I gotten some personalized JW items, this would have somehow given the impression to others that I liked the WT crap.

<----Couldn't let people think that.

So no I never did.

• middlechild
    middlechild

o yeah, i had the bible and reasoning book bound together with my name embossed on it as a baptism present. when i got married i sent it back in to have my maiden name removed and my married name put on...fortunately it was the same amount of letters. i had all the things for service...plastic sorter/protectors for tracts and mags, little hard binder for rv's...

• blondie
  • Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I believe I got all the items that have been mentioned plus special greeting cards that quoted the NWT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit