ZEITGEIST-The Movie. And The Code of Hammurabi. Shattering!

by Jez 30 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

that was intense. scary, but something everyone should watch. I have tremendous hope for the future. people are waking up all over...it's about damn time.

great stuff on the biblical parallels and mythology. I love that stuff!

thanks for posting this!

• Jez
    Jez

Captain and others: Thanks for posting that info. Very interesting! Deny deny deny. No matter WHAT evidence is presented, there is always always a way to skirt around it, justify it, demonize it, or ignore it.

Jez

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jez,

Thanks for the link, it gets

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The conspiracy theory stretches irritated me. There was some pretty cool information in there though, too bad it was mixed into the glom of conspiracy paranoia. I felt it cheapened some of the interesting stuff.

GBL

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I watched this over the weekend.

It was very interesting, and made me think we are all more screwed up than I originally thought.

I am not at all beyond thinking 9/11 was a conspiracy at all.

However calculated I would love to know.

As fanatical Bush is about Iran, I would not put anything past him at all.

purps

• loosie
    loosie

ok those of you who have watched the whole thing. explain something to me please.

At the very end when it said life is like a thrill ride and some people have been on the ride so long they think it is real. But it's not it's just a ride.

I don't understand what they meant by that.

I fell asleep last night trying figure it out.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That's an old Bill Hicks quote, and he was not associated with this film. I think he was basically saying that even though some people believe that material possessions, power and mental constraints are real they really aren't. There is no reason to be afraid because life is all just a ride.

GBL

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I have tremendous hope for the future. people are waking up all over

Without commenting on the movie, I'll give you on that, freedomloverr.

• Gill
    Gill

Don't you think though, that people ARE waking up all over the world but finding that they can do very little about this trap that we are all in?

You have to be 'free' in your own mind and possibly content with that BUT, how is this abuse of everyone going to stop!?

Remember, in the UK 1 million people marched in London against the Iraq war and NOBODY listened. They wasted their time and energy.

As seen in the US, it doesn't matter who you vote for, the winner will be the one decided by 'Them' whoever 'They' happen to be.

'They' hold all the cards.

• Jez
    Jez

Gill, to some extent I agree with you, however, I believe that before action can take place, people need to go through a period of awareness, an awakening, a perception change, whatever you want to call it. A change in attitudes, thoughts, and understanding must take place before it can translate into action. That IS happening.

The march in London may be representative of an experimentation in action, if nothing else, which I doubt. Marches are old school, we live in a different era that may require different forms of protest than 'marches'. It may not be enough, it may need to be different.

Give it time, I have faith in humanity and that we will figure it out. What are each of us willing to do? I for one, am educating myself first.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit