How Did the Watchtower Piss You Off?

by nvrgnbk 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Broke up my marriage due to " spiritual endangerment "

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Corporation actually didn't piss me off, the Witness people who disrespected me any my family and disrespected people who are important to me did.

I found that many of the Witness people I knew, didn't understand personal boundaries and if they did, they didn't respect them. Witness people would confront me on things of a personal nature such as my attire and they'd ask me personal questions like what I did to earn money.

They'd ask: "What do you DO?". I'd ask back: "DO about what?" They'd say "Work!" and I'd ask then: "Do you want to know how I make money?". If they'd say yes, I'd ask why they were asking. If they'd say no, I'd ask them what they were asking because I'm confused.

When anybody asks me an inappropriate question, I'll always flip em. "What do you do?", "Well, yesterday I had a colonoscopy, would you like me to show you my stitches?"

• eclipse
    eclipse

How didn't they wreck our lives/former lives?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Robbed me of my childhood.

My feelings of hatred towards this cult burn HOT!

I hate them more than anything else and would love to see the day the shit tower crumbles, I will be there like a vulture to finish them off, armagedon will come for them, just not as they think.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

How did the Watchtower piss me off?
    Let me count the ways
    They pissed me off to the depth and breadth and height
    My soul can reach
    because they claimed to speak for god
    but kept us all from mercy and grace.
    They denied us freedom,
    denied our simplest need
    for sustenance, love and light.
    They kept us deeply in the dark,
    while we strove to serve their greed;
    We loved purely, but they took god's Praise.
    and put our passion to empty use.
    Finally, brought down in grief,
    lost to faith, cast out alone,
    We watched them say they loved us,
    as they turned away, destroying all our lives
    leaving us to gruesome death.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They came to me when I was at my lowest point. The help I was getting would have
    worked out, but they convinced me that their help was better. They took over.

They answered questions I didn't even know to ask.

They gave me a false hope for the future.

They gave me work to keep me busy, so I would hopefully never realize that I was
    wasting my life. They really fooled me.

They stunted my mental and spiritual journey for 2 decades.

The thing that pissed me off the most was the thing in my biography:
    After 12 years as an elder, I raised questions of doubt. They sent their representative
    on his regular visit, but he gave me a literal 15 minutes of his time, and dismissed me.
    They didn't even pretend to care. Now I wait for them to pretend to care, but it's too late.
    I am pissed.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

They told me the whole time I was in high school that any higher education was a bad idea, because the end was so close. Then a couple years out of high school I started reading WT articles and hearing talks implying that maybe a little higher education could be beneficial. This pissed me off in a big way.

• Purza
    Purza

I just started reading that book by Diane Wilson - The Awakening of a JW and I am finding myself getting angry at the WTS because of the mind control and the responsibility to "tell" on others (among other things). I can relate to each and everything in the book so far and the anger rises again.

Just the stupid mentality of the organization drones and never being good enough. Its exhausting and maddening.

Purza

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

When I asked questions and the elder told me "you have a choice, you can either believe it or not and if you don't you are an apostate and will die at armageddon."

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

my kids lost a family

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit