How Did the Watchtower Piss You Off?

by nvrgnbk 37 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Gregor, your post reminds me of a call a DO asked me to make to the Service Dept.

The brother answering the call was completely reversing the Society's position on a matter as stated in a Watchtower less than 10 years old.

I asked him for a letter to the BOE or some other "directive" that could help explain the change.

Angrily, he responded that they can't write a letter or otherwise inform the elders everytime they change their view on something.

'This is our current position, and that's it.'

That said it all.

• blondie
    blondie

How does the WT "piss" me off, let me count the ways.

Actually, the deliberate, confirmable lying "pisses" me off the most.

Blondie

• BFD
    BFD

For me, it's a tie for the top two things that pisses me off but the list is endless.

1. People sacrificing thier lives and the lives of thier children over the blood policy.

2. They stole my mother due to the shunning policy.

BFD

• VidaViva
    VidaViva

They lied to me. Over, and over, and over, and over again. Then, when they got caught in the lies, a CO told me that we have to be patient for Jehovah to correct "His organization". If they lie, and historically are characterized—as an organization—by lies and deceptions instead of by love, why would anyone believe it is now, or ever was God's organization?

It pisses me off that they still have my family enthralled; that some of their lies are so appealing ("paradise earth") that people like my family will endure all manner of dishonesty and abusiveness while waiting for God to fix it. The same claim could be made by ANY religion at any time in history.

For instance, the Catholics don't go on bloody Crusades anymore; it was a wrong thing for the organization to support so God fixed it, in time. Clear proof of God's blessings on the Church. Given more time all their ills will be corrected because they are God's true church.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, they stole my time. They told me that it would be an hour a week, at first. That hour a week quickly ballooned into all those meetings. Then, when they gave me the meeting schedule, I thought that those were different times for people to go to the meetings. So, I went to one of them regularly and they wanted me to go to all of them. As I was working evenings, they wanted me to give up two weeknights of work for this crap.

I also remember wasting time in the misery. What they wanted to do was take all of my time. The first day out, they wanted to get me out the next morning at 9:00 AM after working that night (I got out about 1 in the morning, sometimes later). Gone were all those nice big blocks of time that I used to have for doing other things like playing video games, playing with my Commodore 64, assembling music onto tapes, and the like. Instead, that had to all fit in the holes that service left behind, since if there was a concentrated block of time, I was supposed to p&$# it away in the misery.

Other things: They made me throw away perfectly good music. I had it taped onto numerous blank tapes, and they wanted me to go through them all and get rid of the ones that they called "bad" (presumably so they could find others that are also "bad" and one layer after another remove all songs and replace it with Kingdumb S***). Tapes done before becoming a Witless were rich and varied, with plenty of good music from the past and present. The ones done after becoming a Witless, besides being much fewer in number for service, were all dull and lifeless.

And then they were never satisfied. Pioneer. Work on improving the quality of the lecture so more people can be scammed. Give up any little thing that was at all fun. Having to work mostly with men, and usually the same one most of the time. Any conduct, even that which normal human beings would reasonably do without leading to sexual contact, with the opposite sex being frowned heavily on and grounds for hounding. The white dress shirt. Getting haircuts when they say (usually about every 6 weeks), and then in the style that the other men were getting. Suit dry cleanings, when they saw fit (about once a week per suit). Being tired all the time because of the meetings and service schedule, which did not get along with my work schedule. And through it all, they wanted me to pretend to be happy.

And I bet they will be just as p*$%ed off when they see the Christmas tree I am going to set up this year. Already I have the foundation half up, and I will be getting the other half up along with that Nimrod/Tammuz cross (and two Satan Clauses). As they see it, I will be worshiping the sun (and the Devil) this year. And if Brother Hounder tries to contact me, he is going to have a miserable time trying to get past my answering machine and Caller ID. Door rings will be blown off, unless it's the UPS truck with another Christmas decoration parcel--that is what I usually expect. And if I get a letter, it will get shredded without reply. They will not be able to contact me to get me to the judicial hearing: I simply will not show up for it. After all, I have nothing to lose except the fun of making them waste their time.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

They knocked on the doors of people I could have baptised and they had too many hot women that should have been in my pool of investigators. Grr.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think I'm "pissed off" by the Watchtower. Maybe the Awake, though.

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

There stupid dating rules....cant be alone with the opposite sex..even though i never dated any sista's i found it crazy...why would two grown people need supervision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit