the R word

by BlackSwan of Memphis 65 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

BSof M,

Thanks for explaining that. I tried to make my first post thoughtful, because it struck me that the other mother in her darkest time did not feel comfortable talking about her experience on this forum. You should be able to talk about it and anyone in your shoes down the road should as well. I wish the other Mom could see your strength and you could see hers. Peas of a pod. Both feeling the exact same way. I think you are having a very natural reaction to extraordinary circumstances. The mother bear comes out and you want to protect....its instinct. I don't think you are over-reacting in the least.

R's hubby

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me"?

I think is an inflated non-issue that is silly and I for one will not be changing my retarded posts one bit.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Nathan: you're a dick with ears

MR BlackSwan

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ooooooo, NAME-CALLING!

How very ferocious of you!

I tremble and my bladder voids involuntarily.

Grow a dermis, Sister (that's YOU, "Mr.").

• John Doe
    John Doe

Here's the bottom line. Every one of us has some things we're sensitive about for one reason or another, and every one of us has had some sort of hardships. That does not give us license to make everyone else modify their behavior to make ourselves feel better. If I've learned anything in this life, I've learned that we have to learn to laugh at ourselves. If we can't laugh at our problems, well then, our problems are much larger than they could be. What's the phrase, laugh with me, not at me? I think that's appropriate. If we can't laugh at our problems, we shouldn't diss others who can. Laughter and humor are good things.

Furthermore, a word is only offensive if we take it as such. Add to that the fact that changing a word will not change a behavior or a thought. This is why euphemisms are so ridiculous. People must tiptoe around and say things that have the same meaning but supposedly are not offensive.

The "n" word was mentioned. Tell me this people, do you think making the "n" word taboo and using euphemisms in its place has caused racism to cease? Are things any less offensive because someone uses a different word when speaking of the same thing?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Nathan: you're a dick with ears

Let's leave your dildo fantasies out of this one. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit