To SCREAM or not to SCREAM???

by cyrano 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Can't you just see a woman alone with three men, all elders, actually having the balls to ask her if she screamed?

This mindset exposes the WBTS for the sexist organization it is. They believe SOME women do things DESERVING of rape. Their thinking is about 100 years off on this one, as society and even serial rapists are unable to explain why they rape certain women and others are left alone.

Case in point. When I went to the DC about 6 years ago with my family, my sister and I got up and walked out. The District Overseer was giving an experience where the Judge on a rape case told a victim (and I quote) she DESERVED to be raped. Based on what she was wearing, which HE felt was immodest. Now the whole audience shook their heads in agreement, while my sister and I felt absolutely incredulous at such a statement!

When our parents asked later why we left, and we told them, my dad started doing the JW shuffle. He said, "Well the Society didn't say that, a worldly judge said that." To which my sister replied, "Maybe they didn't say it, but they repeated it in support of the Judge's argument which is the same thing."

Yes, brothers, that's the thing to do. When a sister tells you of her trauma, ask her what she did to deserve it.

Disgusting.

Lisa

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Lisa,

You actually walked out on that comment? Good for you!! I remember elders gleefully refering to this judge's statement - as though it verified the WTS's mindless view of dress and grooming. Can you imagine trying to defend yourself in court: "Judge, this guy was so damn ugly, I just couldn't control myself from going up and beating the living piss out of him." Same kind of reasoning. I hope the judge was disbarred as well. Sexist, ignorant bastard.
    S4

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Even if she were completely nude and giving out lap dances, she doesn't "Deserve" to be raped. SOOOOO Stupid! I'm glad I was not brougth up in the Borg.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit