To SCREAM or not to SCREAM???

by cyrano 12 Replies latest jw friends

• cyrano
    cyrano

JW women have a greater need than JW men to stay ever vigilant and attentive of the Watchtower's back and forth rules and regulations which they have the nerve to teach is "new light" from God. Why is this? If a JW woman is raped, she may actually face disfellowshipping from the body of elders who will interrogate her soon after the crime has occurred and will listen with the utmost attention to every little detail. Depending on the "new light" from the Governing Body, if she doesn't scream during a rape, she will be charged by the Elders as an adulteress ... someone who may have actually 'enjoyed' the violent act because of her silence. Yet, this rule has changed back and forth several times. In effect, if a JW woman was raped in 1964 and she didn't scream, she would be disfellowshipped. If another JW woman was raped in 1969 and she didn't scream, she would NOT be disfellowshipped. Therefore, if a JW woman does not want to be branded an adulteress and taken away from her loved ones by the hate crime of disfellowshipping, she had better pay particular close attention to the latest vacillating "NEW LIGHT" from the Governing Body.
    Take a look for yourself at the following list of insane "new light" vacillation.
    It's enough to make you want to ....

No. If you don't scream you won't be disfellowshipped.
    Prior to January 15, 1964

YES! SCREAM OR BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED!!
    Watchtower, January 15, 1964, p. 63

Aid to Bible Understanding, 1969, pp. 601, 1371

Awake!, March 8, 1974, p. 14

Awake, July 8, 1980, pp. 5-6

Watchtower, October 15, 1980, p. 7

Watchtower, March 15, 1983, p. 30

Awake!, February 22, 1984

June 8, 1984 (just 3½ months later!!!!)

May 22, 1986, p. 23

Awake!, September 22, 1986, p. 28

(Doctrine not yet in force...pending flickering new light from the "holy spirit").

Is this God's Holy Spirit in action? Do these vacillations in rules and regulations indicate that God is behind the men of the Governing Body?

TAKEN FROM JESUS WITNESSES WEBSITE
    http://www.jesus-witnesses.com

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I believe what you're saying cyrano, but do you have any documents from JW's "organization" that supports this viewpoint? I'm just interested because it does effect me in a MAJOR way. I would like to be able to walk into the offices of the elders that "df'd" me, throw this supportive evidence on their desks and then tell them they are going to "answer" to their god for "stumbling" me!!! Not that I'm going back - I just want a little justice.

Any real info you have would be extremely appreciated!
    Thanks

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Just makes you sick.

This is one of my favorite examples of strobe "new" light.

Keep up the good work cyrano and welcome to the board.

Slipnslidemaster: "And now about the cauldron sing, Like elves and fairies in a ring, Enchanting all that you put in."

- William Shakespeare, MacBeth

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

oops - duh - sorry for above posts - it took a second read to see the literature (i'z tired!). Thanks for this cyrano - its an anwer to my prayers!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

hi cyrano...could you edit your posts as to the following:

Insight on the Scriptures, 1988 don't scream!
    Awake! 3-8-93 don't scream!

WT 12/15/98 Scream!

That way it's a straight copy and paste...

And many thanks. I am always glad to see these repostings for the newbies.

(((((cyrano))))

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

pettygrudger, try Tallymans site here:
    . http://www.intrex.net/tallyman/WTRape.html

Slipnslidemaster: "And now about the cauldron sing, Like elves and fairies in a ring, Enchanting all that you put in."

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Thanks slipnslide! Read & printed off. Gonna make some noise w/this one myself!!!! That'll give those gossipy ole elder ladies something to talk about this weekend!!!!

You guys are all so wonderful!!!!!! [:0]

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

If you would like to have some fun. Do the following.

Send the letter to ONLY 75% of the elders wives in the congregation.

Think about the ensueing fun!

• cyrano
    cyrano

Thanks for the update Dungbeetle, it's amazing how they can push this garbage on victims who have suffered through such an horrific attack.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Ah yes - I wonder just how long it will take to get around to the entire metro-detroit area!!!! (Wonder if I'll get my ticket for the next "special meeting" - not that I got the 1st one!).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit