worst site for any Convention

by hillbilly 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

Hi RN, I was there in 1996, my very last convention. I was seven months pregnant and only went for Friday or Saturday afternoon. I only went to take my grandfather who couldn't drive so he could attend. The best part about it was knowing I wasn't going back! Felt like a foreigner.

Princess

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Vet's Stadium, Philly was the worst.

Remember that one year when they couldn't get the Vet & we had to go to the race track? That might have been worse. There was no place to walk around.

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

The Big O in Montreal in 1988 was awful. Heat wave outside with no A/C inside to keep expenses down (those dumbasses). It was 99 degrees. Motorized stretchers couldn't keep up with the the elderly passing out. This was the year they released the (studied 3 times) Revelation book. Was hotter than Hell/Hades that day. Phew! Maybe Hell is hot.............

"I wish I knew what I know now, when I was younger,,,"

• Tina
    Tina

ack!! lol. The hawthorne racetrack.
    I don't know what was worse,cleaning it or having to endure the convention itself.
    The Military should check that out and use it in SEARS training. How to survive as a POW .....thanks for the memories.luv,Tina

si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

• rhett
    rhett

Freedom Hall isn't so bad now. I'm not sure when they got rid of the bench seating but its been gone since at least the early 90's. My parents and sister still go there every summer. Haven't been myself for the past 3 conventions and don't even come close to missing it. The best time I ever had in that building was going to a Smashing Pumpkins conert.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I may be dating myself, but remember the year at the Vet when we could hear the LIVE AID concert going on? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who would have rather been at the concert.

I also remember the years when the trash guys were on strike & the garbage was piled in parking lots & stunk up the Vet.

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• DIM
    DIM

VET Stadium is the worst experience of my life.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Wow!

With all the Vet - veterans, I wonder if we know each other:

DIM
    Metatron
    ashitaka
    FormerOne
    Slipnslidemaster
    BoozeRunner

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

• momoftwo
    momoftwo

I went to a convention in 1991 in Ogden, Utah. First of all, well - it was in Ogden. Need I say more? There was NO leg room and the seats were stacked on top of each other so you felt like you had vertigo. The convention center was a big ring so at lunch time everyone milled around in a continuous circle like a bunch of sweaty cows. I guess I should have skipped it and gone to the temple. =)

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

closer to fine:

add me to your "Vet" veteran list

lauralisa

It's only water from a stranger's tear (Peter Gabriel)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit