How Many People Here Have Been "Disciplined" By The Elders?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

By "discipline" I mean, either private, public reproof, disfellowshipping or something that got you in enough trouble that you had to be counseled by the loving shepherds and it cost you something by not having "privileges".

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Huh? I dont understand????

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

More times than I care to remember!

• JH
    JH

They only came here to encourage me to go back.

I was wondering, is it possible for an ordinary dub to discipline an elder?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

My guess is that it's in the Hundreds of thousands and slightly possibly a million or two. But what do I know, I could be way off. ;)

• minimus
    minimus

Only fellow elders or higherups can "discipline" an elder.

• minimus
    minimus

I know some that were regularly targeted by certain elders. They were always on their backs.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Me, I was put on private reproof when I was 18 for having *gasp* sex! I was told that that was all they could do since I was not baptised. Didn't even get a JC, it was just one elder that I met at the hall. As I recall I still got to hang out with the few friends I had at the hall, even an elder's son. So I guess I wasn't marked.

• DJK
    DJK

If your not counting the whippings, being punched out or grounded to my room until paradise ended, then I was never discplined by an elder.

LOL, my father was an elder.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yup, many times! The last and the worst punishment was being public reprooved, I couln't comment at meetings and couldn't go in field service Just those to punishments alone made me a very happy person!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit