Because I like spin-off discussion...

by joannadandy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think it's a bit of both but because the jw crap was so much a part of my life as a child and isolated me so much that's what I tend to focus on. Would my life have been better not being associated with the jws? Having been raised by my mother I can't say it would have. My husband's mother (not a jw) was far worst than mine and he has similar issues but he tends to be more outgoing and positive. So I don't know.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

See - that's the place I have come to as well MrsJones - honestly, I don't know that not being a witness would have changed my life that much. My mother was searching for something. We'd either have remained gung-ho catholics (and I think my parents still would have kept the same tight ship with me) or we'd have become some fringe fundamentalist christian group.

I honestly feel like at this point my life is mine, and it's what I do with it.

Like DJK said tho - I get why others don't feel that way though. Just talkin' out loud again.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    We'll never be "right", not completely anyway.
    Is it a worldview a lot of us have? Does it ring true? Or is it's truth relative to the amount in which we "believed" it was the "Truth"? Or does it depend on how long we were in, vs. how long we were out?

The older I get, the less I know things for sure and the better I feel about it. The more I hold onto things, the more it hurts me. I don't believe in anything or anyone, because nothing is certain. The lesson is repeated until learned.

Carpe diem.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

We'll only be as "right" as far as we're willing to go to be true to ourselves.

CG

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Country Girl - I kinda lost track of this thread, sorry for the late response, but I just wanted to say I think that's brilliant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit