JW use of federal bennies and illegal immigration

by dontomas 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dontomas
    dontomas

Hi Folks

Some of the posts I saw here today put me in mind to ask this question. It seems like JWs more than most would be or could soon be dependent upon some form of government largesse (medicaid, social security, welfare, food stamps....) far beyond their own contribution to the till, as it were. How is theis looked at in the org?

There is also the subject of illegal aliens here in the US. Not necessarily everybody, but Non tax paying, identity fraud, burden on society ones, on food stamps and welfare from day one. (There are plenty - I know, I was an INS officer for many years.....). I remember getting coffee in Los Angeleson Saturday once with a buddy and I saw a family of four JWs, looked as illegal as anything walking with their gigantic Spanish bibles and watchtowers with their noses up in the air, walking down the street among us sinners like a pageant. I almost spat my coffee out in laugther. They looked utterly ridiculous and clearly not supposed to be there. Is being basically a criminal OK in the Truth?

Don Tomas

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

what made you think they were illegals? just because someone is mexican, or from some other latin america country does not mena they are here illegally. i am totally against illegal immagration, but, i am careful about labeling someone an illegal just because they have brown skin. btw, they are alot of illegals here from europe to. i am proud of my european heritage, but, think these people need to be kicked out too.

• 5go
    5go
    what made you think they were illegals? just because someone is mexican, or from some other latin america country does not mena they are here illegally. i am totally against illegal immagration, but, i am careful about labeling someone an illegal just because they have brown skin. btw, they are alot of illegals here from europe to. i am proud of my european heritage, but, think these people need to be kicked out too.

Though I agree with BIG They are using illegals and it isn't as hard as one might think to prove. The illegals can't have privelages.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

5go, your right, it's not hard to prove, but, just looking at someone walking down the street, and labeling them illegal is wrong. and in america, they do get benefits. often, these benefits are better than tax paying citizens. that's why people are so up in arms about it.

• rassillon
    rassillon

big: It is true that you can't tell just by looking that someone is for a fact illegal. But and this is a big "BUT" in areas like where I live when you have had a tremendous amount of exposure to the hispanic/latino culture it becomes possible to identify illegals with a high degree of certainty. When I have identified someone as illegal in my own head in the past, I have found that I am very rarely wrong. It is just like other things, when you know the signs for something it becomes easy to spot. Just like how you can pick out JWs when you see them.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Actually, beginning a couple of weeks ago, Illegals are allowed to have "privileges."

• dontomas
    dontomas

What made me think they were illegal - I doubt I was wrong but maybe I was. Clothes, shoes, and demeanor mostly - I used to work for La Migra and in that part of town on Saturday AM early that looked like that and no apparent English they were most likely illegally here. That is how we used to catch them, back when that sort of thing was actuallly done.

So illegals have JW privleges - again with the child molester thing I guess what I asked was a dumb question in the first place. If they think they can get something out of you I guess you can do as you please until you cease to be useful. Ain't different from anything else. Forgive the stupid question, people.

DT

• kwr
    kwr

No human being is illegal. Illegal immigrants do not get welfare. In most States since welfare reform in the mid-90's citizen's don't even get welfare or food stamps anymore. Look in 2010 the North American Union will be born and immigration across Canada, the USA and Mexico will be relaxed. There will be a Mexico-US-Canada super highway acrosss the nations to transport goods and services and we will become like the European Union. I'm sorry that you can't change with the times, but the NAU will greatly benefit all three nations.

I have stopped thinking of Mexicans as the enemy and so should you. In 100 years our three nations will be together like the current USA is and all across the America's free trade will benefit all of us. I'm sorry to break the news to white Americans that they will soon be the minority, but you will just have to adjust and teach your children Spanish in school. People in Europe teach their kids more then one language.

It is now time to accept the coming changes in the USA and adjust your life to it.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

kwr, illegals do steal people social security numbers and get welfare with this info. i know of this firsthand. then they get alot of other things even without ssnumbers that you and i pay for but can never get.

and just because i am against illegal immagration doesn't make me racists. read my post above. i and most other people are not worried about the supremacy of the white race. we are worried about the sharp downturn this country is taking. if you want to come here, and adapt to our culture, learn our language and fly our flag, white, black , brown, welcome. IT IS NOT ABOUT RACISM, IT IS ABOUT PRIDE IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop trying to make this into a racial issue.

• kwr
    kwr

The point is Big is that the USA is changing along with Canada and Mexico and the people coming here do not have to adapt to American citizenship. You will have to adapt to having other nationals working in this country. That is what the Government tried to do with the Z Visa, but racists white people whined and cried about it and white republicans blocked the bill from becoming law. Don't worry the millions of illegal immigrants are not going any where and the USA economy needs them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit