What Was your Favorite Music Concert you attended, group or solo artist?

by flipper 84 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The New Years Eve show at Madison Square Garden with Sleater-Kinney, The Flaming Lips and Wilco.

December 31, 2004.

Great seats as well.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

nvrgnbk-Oi, what a great lineup!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk-Oi, what a great lineup!

It was surreal Insomniac.

I was drinking a little. Okay, alot. And some of our fellow concert-goers kept blowing this funky smoke in our faces. The weirdest little cigarettes you ever did see.

It was like a 5-hour show. I saw it with a brother I love very much. If you're reading this dude, leave the cult already! LOL!

• Spectre
    Spectre

Theres a few that I like for different reasons:

NIN two years ago in Davis, Ca. They did a few small shows and were just warming up for the big tour.

Marilyn Manson at Ozzfest a couple of years ago. First time seeing him and he's one of my favorite so it was magical.

David Bowie a few years ago. It was a concert that one would describe as beautiful.

Motley Crue about 7 years ago. It was out doors and raining at a small venue. Tommy was just out of jail, Nikki jumped of stage to get in a fight with someone. It was just a big party with the Crue.

• wokeup
    wokeup

My most memorable free concert was seeing a group perform at the Golden Gate Park. The group was called 'It's a Beautiful Day' they performed their hit "White Bird' It was a touching song with a beautiful violin lead. That was decades ago.

My first indoor Concert was at the Oakland Coleseum. Saw the Isley Brothers. An upcoming group called Graham Central Station was the opening act that night.

The most entertaining I thought was seeing Tina Turner perform at the Circle Star Theater along with B.B King and Bobby Blue Bland. The theater had a revolving stage which provided an unusual visual experience. That was in the late 70's.

• Terry
    Terry

As unlikely as it sounds; the time of my life was at the PINK MARTINI concert in Bass Hall in Ft.Worth.

I'd never heard of this group before. But--WOW! The music and the entertainment value were superb!

I immediately bought two (the only two) albums.

Check them out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-650778531448865063&q=pink+martini&total=251&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The English Beat in San Francisco in 1983 and The Jam in SF in 1982 and of course Madness in the same time span. It was so great. The best concert of all was Gang of Four. They were absolutely revolutionary.

If you haven't heard of them, try this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ2enhfMFHY&mode=related&search =

W.Once

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Prolly Fleetwood Mac at the Hollywood Bowl - nearly 30 years ago. Because we got to meet all the members backstage after - my then-husband had sold the group's attorney and his wife a week-end home here - so it was the show which was great plus seeing the sweating Stevie, Lindsay, Mick, Christine after that sealed it for me.

• watson
    watson

My first indoor Concert was at the Oakland Coleseum. Saw the Isley Brothers. An upcoming group called Graham Central Station was the opening act that night.

I believe that's Larry Graham's group. Famous witness that studied with Prince and others....

Best show? Paul McCartney 4 years ago in Sacramento. It was as you described it...magical.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Pink Floyd at Camp Randall Stadium in 94. We had great seats on the ground, about 20 rows from the stage. They were great, even without Roger Waters. Also saw Rush that same year. Had great seats for that one too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit