What Was your Favorite Music Concert you attended, group or solo artist?

by flipper 84 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Hello ya'll. Mr. Flipper here. My wonderful son who as you know I always brag about. Yeah I know! For my 46th birthday October of 2005 took me to see Paul McCartney live with his band . He knew I'd love it because of being a Beatle freak. Anyway, it was the greatest show I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot of concerts, Blues artists, rock and roll etc. The guy played for 3 and a half hours, about 40 songs in all, was such a humble cool guy with the audience down to earth, you'd never know he was from one of the greatest rock groups ever. He played like 3 or 4 encore songs, a lot of old Beatle songs and from his solo career. It's a birthday I'll never forget! Cool son, huh? What about you folks? Lots of great musicians out there! What was the best concert you ever saw? Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Blue October

Small venue

They roxxor'd

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Billy Idol in Vegas was pretty hot, the lezbo threesome doing it in front of me as we stood right in front fo the stage was a fitting accompaniment to his badness. The fat chick dumping her beer on my black leather slacks pretty much stank though. I'd hang out with Billy! The Who for my 16-17th birthday was another pretty good show. You forget what live music really is with all the overprocessed junk out there. Springsteen in XXX bar in Asbury Park right after "Darkness on the Edge of Town" came out. That was before his pop-crap like "Born in the USA" etc. Great sound and Bruce and Clarence were an unforgettable, natural team.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

nick cave and the bad seeds at the orpheum in boston.like 4 years ago...took my breath away..made tears come to my eyes...he has a phenomonal stage presence

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

So far my favorite has been "Nickelback " there were three other groups playing before them. Godsmack was really good too . My husbands favorite was Eric Clapton w/Robert Cray he still goes on about it . This month we are going to see Dream Theatre while on vacation in California .

• Quentin
    Quentin

Only concert I've ever been to and much to my surprise Elvis 1973(?) in Ft. Worth...think it was his last tour before he died...I was not a fan, Kathy was(devoted, 7 months along standing in a chair screaming like a loon)...put on one hell of a show...

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

During my teenage years, The Who, 1979 at Madison Square Garden. That was the concert Pete Townshend cut his hand while playing. I couldn't hear for 2 days after that concert. Awesome show. Too bad Keith Moon already was taken away. ..... Last concert I went to was just a couple of months ago. Went to see Andre Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra. My, how my tastes have changed with age. Fantastic night of beautiful Music. But, I can still rock out to the Stones, Who, Hendrix...(from time to time...)

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

IP_SEC Blue October is playing here August 3rd at the house of blues. my wife and i are going if you want to come. i can get us in for free. i used towork there and know alot of people that still work there.

nick cave kicked butt, good call.

but, the best concert i saw was eric clapton, in a venue that only let 300 people in. i got to meet him

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

It's a tossup between Nine Inch Nails last year, and the Pogues this past March. NIN was awesome musically, but we had more fun at the Pogues; it was just before St Paddy's day in a largely Irish town (Boston.) The band was in high spirits, Shane (the lead singer) was quite drunk but still very much the showman, and the room was awash in handsome Irish boys soaked in whiskey and testosterone. My boyfriend was horrified that I kept getting into little fights with guys (shoving and kicking, nothing serious) until he realized that it was more for fun than out of any real rancor. Then, he just stood back and watched me mosh my aggressions out. We got to sing along with Shane on Dirty Old Town and an IRA anthem. If you guys ever have the opportunity to see the Pogues perform, it's definitely not to be missed.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Rod Stewart. First half, singing his old rock songs, second half, put on a tux, and sang his new "oldie" songs.. It was great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit