September 1st 2007 QFR re FDS

by AlphaOmega 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hilannj
    hilannj

The work Word Studies in the New Testament by M.R. Vincent, comments that this word most frequently refers to practical Wisdom and prudence. 1904. Part Two of Four. Marvin Vincent's Word Studies has been treasured by generations of pastors and lay people. His insightful comments on the meanings, derivations and uses of significant Greek words and idioms bring a clearer understanding of the original language of the New Testament-even if you don't read a word of Greek. It's a valuable tool for incorporating the riches of the original language into sermons, lessons and personal study. from Amazon.com's deception of the book sited for the article. My thoughts are isn't it interesting that the best source the can come up with is over 100 years old, its not like any advancements in understanding ancient Greek could have been made in 100 years. And because JWs are so against learning and education they don't have anyone working in New York who actually speaks Greek or anything of the sort. (Also when you send JWs to college they tend to learn to think for themselves) You would think it would be encouraged to everyone living in Bethel and in New York to learn what they can. But not them.

• steve2
    steve2
    I'm sure no one will really care since in the minds of the R&F, the FDS=GB anyway.

Two absolutely safe assumptions:

• The R&F don't really care (I can hear their yawns even as I write)
    • They equate the FDS with the GB anyway - and have done for a long time.
  • zack
    zack

These guys live in their own Universe and not only make up the rules of that Universe, they change, suspend, or delete at will any rule without thought to the internal harmony of their story. It isn't about logic, common sense, or even trying to make sense: it is about control of the massess. They will accept whatever horseshit the WTS spews forward, they will teach it, they will be happy about it--- or they can get the hell out. This bunch doesn;t care. THEY ARE EVIL! ANd they can hide no longer.

WHere's the MONEY, WTBTS? WHERE? WHERE IS THE FULL ACCOUNTING? WHAT ARE YOIU DOING WITH MY MONEY? AND DON:T ASK ME TO TRUST GOD. IT"S YOU I DON"T TRUST/ SO, WHERE IS THE MONEY?

• lrkr
    lrkr

Sorry guys, I can't agree. This is not a defection. Its an attempt to shore up belief in the fds- no doubt due to someone reading all of our rantings on this board and others. (a little paranoia for good measure).

The last sentence says it all, 'the fds is discreet because they make decisions based on the bible, etc, etc, blah, blah - NOT BECAUSE EVERYTHING THEY BELIEVED IN 1918 WAS, WELL.....CORRECT- because being CORRECT is well- not so necessary as being discreet"

• steve2
    steve2
    Sorry guys, I can't agree. This is not a defection. Its an attempt to shore up belief in the fds-

No argument from me. ...I also see nothing new in it. It's just more of the same well-worn message.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I like this thread.

I think the WTS is leaving their options open. If no real organizational changes come about then these articles just reinforce the same doctrinal line. If changes do come about then they will point to these articles as proving the point early on.

It's how they always work.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

A Bethel friend of mine once told me some of the QFR and some articles were "test balloons", and if not many questions or comments would follow the article, they would pursue along its lines, whereas if a "storm broke out" after an article, the points made therein would quietly be put aside, be shelfed - until a later, more convenient time.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    A Bethel friend of mine once told me some of the QFR and some articles were "test balloons", and if not many questions or comments would follow the article, they would pursue along its lines, whereas if a "storm broke out" after an article, the points made therein would quietly be put aside, be shelfed - until a later, more convenient time.

Sort of like the White House collecting polling data. I wish the WTS would just do the prudent thing and graphically arrange all of their doctrines around a large wheel, the same way the Wheel Of Fortune show arranges the dollar amounts on their colorful wheel. Let Ted Jaracz stand there and spin the wheel, and whatever it stops on, they can print that as the "current understanding" of Scripture. They might garner more respect this way instead of claiming that this doctrinal flim-flam comes from Jehovah.

• BCberean
    BCberean

I stayed up all nite a week ago when I first encountered all this 'new'

truth...I seem to remember a Wilkepedia article stating that the present president of WT is not annointed.??????

I too was told that .............forget that.................hmmm...........

Maybe I shouldn't be posting here til I can be more coherent...sorry...

I want to believe I've found the answer to my question (in this site) re WHERE DO i GO NOW.......but.....caution nibbles at me....not a bad thing to be cautious.....time will tell....but if what has been happenning to me continues....it will be good.(eventually)

So ....Assuming that my perceptions of this 'new' truth 'are' correct I would like to say how much I appreciate the opportunity to 'share' with you...even when I havn't much to contribute but my gratitude.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

New WT Slogan

BE DISCREET.

ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B FOR WHEN WE CHANGE OUR MINDS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit