Goodbye, my sweet sister

by sweetface2233 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I got out of the org. years before my sisters. My youngest sister just left the org. and is still struggling with the feeling of being a stranger in a strange land. While in the org. she felt my life was evil and immoral and dangerous. She never shunned me but she was sarcastic and preachy quite often. She's a great sister, I'm glad we are on the same side of the fence now. I believe that will be true for you and your sister too, but it may take a while.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome to JWD sweetface.

May the cult die!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome,

Yours is such a sad story, but you are in good company as just about everyone here has suffered to same. Don't forget that there is always hope for your family. Almost 100,000 people are leaving the Witnesses each year now and it is likely to become more each year.

You sister showed the strong indoctrination that most JWs do - she can not distinguish between leaving the Watchtower Society and leaving Jehovah. I continue to plug that point with my family; it is not Jehovah it is the Watchtower Society that is the problem.

• hilannj
    hilannj

when my sister first got df, I stopped talking to her for a few months. I felt I was doing it out of love, but when I got no support from my cong. for 'losing' my sister, I realized that they were wrong to ask me to do that, and got really mad at them for not helping me more. I don't know what your cong was like but if they are anything like mine they will stop helping her and she will see it is not the 'family' that they want everyone to think it is.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome! I am sorry that your decision is bringing you so much pain. It is likely she will eventually realize the truth herself. . .all of us used to be loyal JWs and we got over it:) You have to be true to yourself, and that does not mean abdicating the use of your mind. You stay strong, be good to yourself (don't go all self destructive just cause they want you to do so!!) and be happy. Keep moving forward. Blessings to you. Take care.

Shelly

• Es
    Es

Welcome to the board.

So sorry your going through this, it suxs, I guess you can take comfort in knowing that most of us are in your situation too.

My family doesnt speak to me, I have a brother who doesnt even go to the meetings himself and he doesnt speak to me either, but i just feel sorry for them, no hate, just pity.

es

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Sweetface, I'm so sorry about your sister, about what she said to you. I can't tell you that she didn't mean what she said, that she'll take it all back and everything will be ok with her. They are completely brainwashed, these JW relatives of ours just barely resemble the people we once knew and loved. You'll deal with this in the right way for you, I and others have had to force ourselves to grieve for our JW family as though they've died. All I can say is, Give yourself plenty of slack during this emotional ordeal, and remember that you've done nothing wrong, remember the good times and stay busy, make new friends.

My dad just left me a message on the 4th. I won't call him back, I've blocked their email address because they can't say anything decent to me-to them 'I look horrible, I must be on drugs'-it's like he and my mom have died and I'm being haunted by their ghosts. I want to call him back to say that he doesn't have the right to 'check up on me', he gave that right up, and it hurts because we were close.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you're here.

catfish

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's good that you joined us. You'll get a lot of support here.

In time, your sister may start speaking to you again. She's just angry right now. You know how the witnesses feel threatened whenever they are faced with anything outside of their comfort zone. They have a fight and flight reaction. But I'm sure your sister still loves you, and when she calms down, she may realize that she's taking things too far. I am trying to get my sister out too, and we had terrible fights. But we agreed to disagree and keep the topic on other things. She will bring it up and if it goes too far, I just tell her that we need to stop now, or I'll say things she doesn't want to hear.

Stay strong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit