Why would a young sister marry an old brother?

by JH 61 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    I love you all but sometines you say things that really piss me off... first off, I lived with an Asian lady for 4 years who was 25 years my jounior. So the post about Asians pissed me off and now you guys think people in the so called truth marry older men more than those outside. I've dated ladies younger than me, older than me, and the same age as me... loved things about all off them-hated things about all of them. If I found someone I loved whatever legal age, I'd enjoy their company... I've also dated ladies in every race.... I mean every race with the exception of Indian. They were all just people to me, plain and simple.... so for whomever thinks that us old guys are now some part of some sub species... you can kiss it!

Ummmmmmmmm...........Dude,

Your still wet behind the ears at your age. And I mean that as a complement.

I have dated an older woman. (5 years my senior) after my wife died. That was when I was still a JW and she wante to marry at once. In that same period, I dated a younger sister who also wanted to marry at once. Seems no matter what the age, to have sex, one needs to marry in the JW religion. So.......with both of them.......I decide on just being content with Mrs. Palm.

Then I started dating worldly women and really enjoyed every one I went out with. Some my age and one in particular who was 13 years younger than me. I guess it was my Harley at the time and not my charming personallity.

I just wish I could meet someone to spend the rest of my life with at this stage of the game. And now I have to say that age does matter. I don't want someone a whole lot younger than myself. About 2-7 years either way........someone with the same mindset. There is no way I could make a younger woman happy other than giving her a meal ticket.......and that is out of the question.

So.....young women marrying older men in my opinion.......is mainly a $$$$$$$ issue. But there are other reasons such as wanting a man who is mature. Sorry guys.......but most men today......the ones in their 30's are very immature. For crying out loud.......I was raising a family at 23 and a home owner to boot! Most guys I know in their 30's today are still living at home and playing video games.

I've heard it said that today's 60 year old's are the new 30. In the meantime, I just go with the flow and find happiness in a daily routine.

HappyDad

• faundy
    faundy

I have why anyone would want to marry someone so much older than them. Despite the fact that I have always known I wasn't into men anyway, I have always attracted men who were older than me. Sickeningly, one of them was a much older and very close relative and I was disgusted, I now have no contact with him although the rest of the family does.

When I was 18 a widowed elder in the hall asked me out- he was 42. His wife had been dead for only two months, and again this turned my stomach; even though we got on well beforehand the trust was completely gone then and I didn't want anything to do with him any longer. Then, another widowed brother (these are both elders, by the way) came on to me at least three times, and each time I told him to quit. I even confessed to him that I was gay and he STILL tried, as though he thought he could 'turn' me. I have always hated this kind of male attention, particularly by men who are a lot older but try to act younger. By the way, both are still practising elders in different congregations, and both are remarried. It is one of the things that drove me away, ultimately, as I feel that these men's positions of trust and responsibility were totally misused and taken advantage of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit