CNN mentions Jehovah's Witnesses Today

by ARoarer 76 Replies latest jw friends

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I have been watching the News on CNN and happened to notice the news flashing across the bottom mentioning the state of Ohio banning door to door work and Jehovah's Witnesses! Has anyone seen this?

• joelbear
    joelbear

Wow,

I have not seen this but with new security concerns it certainly makes sense.

Fascinating stuff.

Joel

• AMarie
    AMarie

ARoarer:

I live in Ohio and haven't heard any such thing. However, it's interesting if they did ban door to door work. I wonder what their motive is in doing this.

Please keep me posted.

Amanda

• joelbear
    joelbear

Nothing on CNN.com regarding this.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Amanda & Joelbear, if you turn on CNN you will see news events running across the bottom of the screen during th Breaking News being discussed now. You might have to wait a few minutes because they keep playing the same news topics over again.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I have checked out several Ohio newspapers' web sites and CNN.com and so far I haven't found anything at all. I hope it is true and will keep looking.

Thx for the tip.

NIL MENEO NIL DEBEO

• AMarie
    AMarie

ARoarer:

Unfortunately, I am at work and don't have access to a television. Are you seeing this with your own two eyes? Or is this hearsay? I just called my JW mother and asked her about it. She said that she hasn't heard anything about it (at least not yet).

Amanda

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

I haven't seen anything on CNN about it..

Are you sure you saw it???

Looking for confirmation.. Can anyone else confirm they saw this???

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Hi Amanda, I was sitting in the livingroom haveing lunch and catching up on the news when I saw it run across the bottom. I waited for it to go around again to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. Then I posted here and a few minutes passed and my husband said it is being mentioned again that the State of Ohio has banned door to door work and Jehovah's Witnesses are speaking out that they have the right to go door to door.

• AmazingProgeny
    AmazingProgeny

I found it. It is about a city in Ohio that requires anyone doing any kind of door-to-door work to get a permit from the mayor first.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/10/15/scotus.jehovahs.witnesses.ap/index.html This is the address of the story.

AP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit