update time

by thebiggestlie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    My own beliefs right now are pretty chaotic and scattered but thats not suprising seeing that im only 17 almost 18 years old

Exactly!

Looking back it's amazing how the JWs that brought me into the org worked so hard to give me the impression that I had the keys to the universe. For a short period of time I had felt that I had found it all out! Shortly afterwards I started to realize how little I actually knew.

Which brings me to a side point that just rushed through my head. How undervalued older people are in the org. Many of the 'experience' and 'knowledge' that such older ones have is worthless to JWs today. All that matters is being current and faithful to the org. A JW will be able to tell you about personal revelations and reflections in a very deep way because everything has to come from the group. Pretty sad when you think about it.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Everybody go easy on Nick- I fuss at him daily.

He's a good kid, and let's hope he can ride things out for a while at his parent's home.

• ladyofsmiles
    ladyofsmiles

Dear Darkly, I wrote to some of the other young people here that are questioning whether the "truth is really the truth". They have parents like you that would like to see their children grow in the "truth". I was once a long time ago a teenager like you questioning whether it was the truth or not. Well 35 years later I have come to the realization that if I had not questioned so much and put more of my energy into doing an investigation whether it was the truth or not instead of complaining about what my fleshly sister in the truth was making me do. Then I would of found the answer! If I was your Mother. I would be loving telling you like I do my 17 year old son that doesn't even believe in Jehovah now since me his Mom years ago got spirtually sick and got disfellowshipped. I would be requesting that you go online and do a search. I'd be telling you to look up their beliefs about the holidays and birthdays. And about the rise and fall of all the nations. And putting together about how all the wars of our 21th century down to this day all point to the end. Remember Jesus's mormon on the mount. Look up all the statatics of all the earthquakes, the dieases, and the global drug trackfling, and the horrible violences of all the peoples of the world. It all points to that one generation. Its so hard for your generation and my sons to see it. Cause I grew up in a different generation. And as a teenager I thought that the "end was close" just from the Vietman war. Well its a small war compared to the war to come. Soon they will do the draft again and by then I pray my son see the truth. I will pray for you too.. Ps. I almost wish I was a teenager at this late time and had the internet to search like you do.. Happy surfing!!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Well done; non-confrontational is safe. I hope that you can get it to work for you and that you're successful at it.

ive kinda come to the realization that i will never really know "the truth" about god and the universe and all that even if such a thing exist, so im fine with sticking with whatever "truth" personally makes sense to me at any given time and allowing that to grow, evolve and develop as i go through life.

Also well done! You sound like a bright guy, you're going to go far.

• 5go
    5go
    Dear Darkly, I wrote to some of the other young people here that are questioning whether the "truth is really the truth". They have parents like you that would like to see their children grow in the "truth". I was once a long time ago a teenager like you questioning whether it was the truth or not. Well 35 years later I have come to the realization that if I had not questioned so much and put more of my energy into doing an investigation whether it was the truth or not instead of complaining about what my fleshly sister in the truth was making me do. Then I would of found the answer! If I was your Mother. I would be loving telling you like I do my 17 year old son that doesn't even believe in Jehovah now since me his Mom years ago got spirtually sick and got disfellowshipped. I would be requesting that you go online and do a search. I'd be telling you to look up their beliefs about the holidays and birthdays. And about the rise and fall of all the nations. And putting together about how all the wars of our 21th century down to this day all point to the end. Remember Jesus's mormon on the mount. Look up all the statatics of all the earthquakes, the dieases, and the global drug trackfling, and the horrible violences of all the peoples of the world. It all points to that one generation. Its so hard for your generation and my sons to see it. Cause I grew up in a different generation. And as a teenager I thought that the "end was close" just from the Vietman war. Well its a small war compared to the war to come. Soon they will do the draft again and by then I pray my son see the truth. I will pray for you too.. Ps. I almost wish I was a teenager at this late time and had the internet to search like you do.. Happy surfing!!

Dear lady, we have looked up most of this stuff you posted and have come to the conclusion that JW don't have a sence of reality much less the truth. Your calling the vietnam war and wars are getting worse is funny the two world wars were the pinnacle of modern warfare and they were 60 to a 90 years ago. Most countries can not fight like that and are switching to fourth and fifth genration warfare the later does not even evolve solders and killing much at all. Fifth generation war is just strait computer ( hacking ) and economic warfare no fightning in a physical sence at all.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

I agree with RF and Quandry:

Here is what I just post to Lt. Lore:

Look at letter from "Lady of Smiles" and see yourself: broken, sad, regretful....tragic situation: do you want this? Submission and reliance on men is the result of this kind of horrific condition. You are taking the steps to avoid this type of slavery...AND you must begin to construct a foundation for the rest of your life that will give substance and success within the Freedom you are entering into.

Foolish in Freedom is as bad as submitting to bondage.

One of three things take control of our lives:

"circumstances"

other people

or, we take control.

"You have the helm...."

V

I am thankful that, as many have mentioned, you are "putting things together" at such a young age.

Re-actionary responses are, most times, as bad in the opposite direction as those things that caused the re-action.

Go slow, take care, build wisely,

Thoughts of an old man,

V

• penny2
    penny2

Thanks for checking in, tbl. You are sounding a lot happier than when you first started posting. I'll stop worrying about you now (yes, I'm a born worrier).

penny2

• lrkr
    lrkr

Ok, sorry to repeat what others have said- congrats on learning the truth about the truth and

GO TO COLLEGE, get an education. ok. nuff said

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit