Why I was a lurker for so long: because english is not my mother tongue

by Madame 20 Replies latest jw friends

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Madame: Welcome to the board!

Regarding:

hur får man till det med flagga och övriga personuppgifter i vänsterkanten?

Or, "How does one get the flag and other personal details on the left side?"

I know you directed this question to Guran, but I'll reply to it (as I am here ).

1. Click on the link showing your user name, "Madame," in the upper left corner of the page ("Welcome Madame," under the watchtower logo).

2. Under the summary of your posting activity, click "Edit" and fill in the form as you desire (a country chosen in "Location" will result in the corresponding flag).

Happy posting!

-Valkyrie

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Welcome to the Board, from another fellow Scandinavian ;-) I´ve been a lurker on the Swedish "hjalpkallan" message board for years and an active participant of this forum for years. I´ve appreciated your comments and am looking forward to reading your posts here as well. Ønsker deg en flott sommer ;-)

• Madame
    Madame

Thanks for your help Valkyrie! Are you Swedish?

Now I've got a flag and some personal details on the left side.

Thanks InquiryMan for welcoming me. Do you plan to write something on Hjälpkällan as well?

/Madame in a (at the moment) very rainy country

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Hi Madame,

I suppose we'll all be able to see your newly instated details once the JWD database has been refreshed.

To answer your question, no - I am not Swedish. I live in Norway, where one is obliged to understand Norwegian, Danish and Swedish (sometimes even Icelandic - if one wants to read the labels on products such as deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.! But that one is beyond me at the moment ) just to have a normal life.

After several soggy days, we finally have sunshine and summer temperatures here today. I hope it lasts awhile!

-V

• juni
    juni

Hi Madame!

This is so very interesting - I never gave it a thought that there are exJW boards for specific languages. Thanks for "crossing over"!! My Swedish is non existent, but it is interesting trying to read your language (although I'm phonetically pronouncing according to English) LOL

I just noticed that you are very close to my age. Please, when it gets closer to your birthday come back and pay us a visit so we can properly wish you a Happy Birthday. We like doing birthdays!

Hugs, Juni

• eclipse
    eclipse

Welcome Madam!

Your english is better than most who don't even know any other languages...

You are a refreshing addition to JWD!

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Welcome Madame and Tord!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome Madame and your English is wonderful. So glad to hear from those that English is not their first language.

Leslie

• Madame
    Madame

Hi Juni!

Well, the Swedish pronouciation differs a lot from the English one. But you might understand some of the written words, even if you don't know the right way to pronounce them.

So you belong to the same "efterkrigsgeneration" (post war generation) as I do. Or should I say the pre 1975 generation? I mean: were you a JW in the sixties and the seventies, when that year was used to recruit more members to the organisation? I was! Too bad!

Hugs, Madame

• Madame
    Madame

Hi Valkyrie, my Scandinavian neighbour. Now, I see why you understand Swedish, and other connected languages.

Hugs, Madame

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit