Why I was a lurker for so long: because english is not my mother tongue

by Madame 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Madame
    Madame

I often write on the swedish board for ex-JW: http://www.network54.com/Forum/349340/

It's so much easier for me to write in swedish. It takes a lot of effort to find the right words in english.

I understand most of what I read here, but it means more hard work to try to express my thoughts in english.

Anyway, I finally wanted you all to know that I appreciate this board. I have learned a lot here.

Hugs from Madame in Sweden

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

And yet your posts are more clearly written than many posters who apparently do have English as a first language. Welcome to the board, Madame, and thank you for the effort you have put in to posting!

Rachel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome -and your English is brilliant

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Having been a language student I understand that, especially when it's such an emotional topic. Keep working on it. :)

• PEC
    PEC

Madame, welcome to JWD.

I have read some posts and had some PMs, that I could not decipher, you are doing great, keep up posting, it will get easier. Being a high school dropout, actually never attended high school, dropped out after 8th grade, 13 years old. It takes time; but, it does get easier. Philip

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Madam.

Your English is very good. Much better than my Dansk.

Cheers

Chris

• zeroday
    zeroday

I can remember some years we had a sister from France visit our congo here in Tennessee. She knew some of our pioneer sisters that had visited her in France. Anyway her English was fluent. We had a sister in our hall that was an unusually fast talker and was famous for it. We could understand her but while having a conversation after the meeting the French sister said "I can't understand her she talks to fast" and we said "Well we can barely understand her ourselves...

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Hi Madame. Glad to hear there's a board for Sweden too!

• Tord
    Tord

Hallo Madame

Jag hoppas allt är väl med dig och att du hittat hit är ju kul.

Hälsar din gamle vän Guran drån sverige som surfat här i många år..

have a good time

• Madame
    Madame

Thanks to all of you for your encouraging comments!

And thanks to Tord, who I met on the Swedish board, where he calls himself Guran!

Perhaps he is the first on this board to write in Swedish, "the language of honour och heroes"!

Guran: hur får man till det med flagga och övriga personuppgifter i vänsterkanten?

Well, I'll now and then will try to excercise my English here on the board.

Love to you all from Madame in Sweden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit