Intercepting JW's on the 4th of July! Oh what fun!

by HadEnuf 34 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Well, I have to agree that it was rude to make any sort of ruckus around the fisherman -- isn't peace and quiet not only the REASON for going fishing (along with catching food), and isn't being silent the best way to catch most fish?

However, the JW Elder was rude first. IMHO he already ruined the guy's chance for a nice catch, so Cathy's arrival to combat "The Truth" with reality wasn't an intrusion and rightfully can be seen as a rescue.

If the guy had been sitting on a park bench and not had a line in the water, probably no one on this thread would be up in arms.

I say KUDOS. I believe the WT is a cult and people do need to be warned.

outnfree

• JH
    JH

I'm proud of you Mumsy and Gary.

On this 4th of July, just like this Eagle which represents your country, you and Gary spotted those JW's trying to lie to some innocent victim so you and Gary flew towards that elder and gave him what he deserved.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This scene was brought to you because of the Watchtower's insistence that their proselytizers "go wherever the people are", leading to intrusive and annoying tactics like parking lot witnessing, beach witnessing, and park witnessing. As if street witnessing and tlelephone witnessing aren't hard enough, both on the JW and on the intended targets of the message.

The only winners in this scenario can be the Watchtower leadership. The JW's hate doing most of this informal witnessing, and people don't want to be bothered. Especially when relaxing at the park.

What's next, stadium witnessing? Go into the ballpark and try to distribute tracts to people sitting in your section? Movie theater witnessing? Street witnessing downtown at midnight on Saturday -- gotta go where the people are, even if they're partying and drinking and such?

I should stop, maybe I'm giving them too many ideas.

• steve2
    steve2
    Wonderfully energizing account...well done. You're an inspiration! I'm surprised that JWs still do public witnessing. It's virtually unheard of in New Zealand, but your account gets me thinking about what I would do if JWs were accosting people in public places..
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

don't worry about the fisherman - he has a fabulous story to tell all his friends. It would be great to hear his take on it all! Those JWs, they can dish it out but they can't take it. And as for blaming the elder and not the org., that isn't logical. The elder is doing what the org. tells him to do - they are responsible for going along with what the org. teaches.

• moshe
    moshe

great job! Similar to what I have done and JW's just hate it when you expose their lies in front of their housecall. They just melt into the sidewalk when asked to explain 1975. I have noticed that despite all the talk that Jehovah is protecting them out in service they hate any debate and will leave a territory rather than stand and defend their WT dogmas. As one sister told me as she was backing away from my WT expose- "this is not a productive discission" and she took her young helper and left for a break , I presume. Next time I should let the air out of a tire first so they can't make a quick getaway!

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

hadenuf: beautiful work. i know how great you feel now. jw's hate when ever you interupt their little canned preaching work. once you step up and confront them , they run for the hills. When i catch a jw witnessing to someone, I walk straight up and ask the jw, did you tell this nice person your trying to befuddle. all about all the jw's false prophecies for the end of the world???? How your counting time ? about the slave labor of mag selling? how if this person wants to become a jw , the wt will tell him to hate all of his family and friends. how this persons best bet would be to quit his job and become a full time pioneers? the list goes on and on and on. if more x jw's did what you did today less jw's would go around preaching their HATE... JOHN

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

To all those who supported our anti-witnessing...thank you very much. To those who think we were out of line...walk a mile in our shoes. 4 decades of being JW's might cause anyone of us to go a bit nutty. I only talked briefly with the fisherguy...most of the conversation was held quite a distance from him. We have never gotten any sense of "satisfaction" from a WHOLE BODY OF ELDERS who did wrong and unlike the rank and file, will not admit it and take their punishment. (Which should be removal from their positions). I kept my mouth shut for those 4 decades being the submissive little wife and submissive little (well; actually I'm not really "little") woman before the almighty elders and I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!! AND...my illustration about the nazi's, in my mind, is NOT going too far. JW's would all make great nazi's and I thought it a most appropriate comment. I ain't backing down. No no no. I ain't backing down. I'd do it all the same AND MORE...if I had a chance. mumsy

• gymbob
    gymbob

HadEnuf~

Good for you!! Couldn't have picked a better day for it either! Gymbob

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

HADENUF SAID"I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!! AND...my illustration about the nazi's, in my mind, is NOT going too far. JW's would all make great nazi's and I thought it a most appropriate comment. I ain't backing down. No no no. I ain't backing down" WELL YOUR 100% RIGHT , And i never back down from jw's. and I don't think you will back down ever again from them. i got my posts here restricted to 5 a day, because i stand up to jw's and made comments about , how the jw's got off easy with the Nazi's. but the point is jw's are like Nazi's in themselves. many posters here are scared of x jw's that stand up to the jw's and give them a taste of their own MEDICINE. i personnally think you went easy on the jw's calling them Nazi's . once you stand up to these dopes the first time , you can't wait to do it again. and you will be back telling stories of your fine EDUCATION WORK that you have been doing, EXPOSING JW'S IN THE STREET AS THE NAZI'S THEY ARE... but be careful here on jwd many crybabies will cry to the adminstrators here to get you banned from the board. keep up the great work. i can't wait to here your next anti-witnessing story. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit