What do you think the JWs will be doing on the 4th of July?

by Blindbutnowisee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Blindbutnowisee
    Blindbutnowisee

Tomorrow I plan on sleeping in late and then go to a cookout. During a day where it seems that most people will be in the yards cooking on the grill, I wonder if more Jws will go out in service; and if offered a hotdog will they accept it?

• heathen
    heathen

yah that'd be great , go out in field service where every drunk in the US is getting blasted. That'd make some great personal experience stuff on thursday night. Then this guy threw up on me ..... yadda yadda blah blah

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

What do you thing they are going to do?? Same as you doing barbeque and having friends over, they just won't call it 4th of July but "opportunity to get together" same as for Christmas or any other holiday

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Depends on their "Conscience" Some Will have cookouts and go see Fireworks. . Others will remain faithful and separate from the world. They will be out knocking on doors.

• tan
    tan

What else...disturbing family gatherings...knocking on doors. You know most people are more likely to be home tomorrow.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Some places have their fireworks on nights other than the 4th, like the 2nd or 3rd. I knew a lot of witnesses who got around the "pagan" element by watching on these nights, as if it really made a difference.

• Hannah
    Hannah

Taking advantage of the day off and making it a special magazine day of course! Then secretly going to watch the fireworks in disguise.

• 38 Years
    38 Years
    Same as you doing barbeque and having friends over, they just won't call it 4th of July but "opportunity to get together" same as for Christmas or any other holiday

And on Thanksgiving too (because the turkeys are on sale)

• Gopher
    Gopher

My JW parents will be celebrating their anniversary on that day.

Wedding anniversaries are God-approved celebrations, with the Watchtower's Cult-Keeping Seal of Approval.

Celebrating the anniversary of the birth of the nation which has helped your religion be so free: bad, almost Satanic.

• satanismysavior
    satanismysavior
    And on Thanksgiving too (because the turkeys are on sale)

So true, it seems like all JDUBS wait for Thanksgiving and go hog-wild on the turkey sales. lol

And to answer this posters question, most will be out knocking on doors to wake up those poor souls with hang overs. And I will be at my front door, ready with my water balloons to toss at nary a witness that tries to approach my establishment.

PS Last year I scored a career high 6 witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit