We don't live long enough to see Jehovah's promises

by truthseeker 19 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

And just a little while longer and the wicked one will be no more. - 1st millenium B.C.

Jehovah's day is coming quickly. Even if it should be late, it will not delay. 800s B.C.

"And they shall build houses, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plantvineyards, and eat the fruit of them." - Isaiah 65:21 7th century B.C.

And there will come those who ridicule saying, "Where is this promised presence of his?" 1st millenium A.D.

"Look!I am coming quickly!" - Rev 22 - 98 A.D.

"The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874." - WT 1922

"If you are a young person, you will have to face the fact that you will never grow old in this system of things." Awake 1969

Is it any wonder that lack of faith in the organization and the Bible in general is because people simply don't live long enough to see God's promises?

• garybuss
  • Warlock
    Warlock

Nice chronology, truthseeker.

Warlock

• 5go
    5go

I think You have stumbled on to something. The fact that we don't live forever is due not due to the fact that they can not delivery on their promise on time. It is because we don't have immortality so we can live long enough to see it. Therefore we should become an immortal creature of some sort. Let me see I think there maybe a werewolf somewhere I can get bitten by.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jehovah's promises = the fanciful wishes of mortal men

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They use the oldest sales technique known by man. They lie to sell you the goods.

• sspo
    sspo

Very good reminders

Thanks

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Good and concise. Why would anyone be blamed for doubting? The only end we see is our own.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The Society will sometimes write articles on "patiently waiting for Jehovah" and not being discontent due to a seeming delay on Jehovah's part. As one of you said, men will lie to sell the goods.

For me, I read these optimistic scriptures from thousands of years ago and look where I am today. Everyone who wrote those things is DEAD, plain and simple.

The ridculers are dead (those of the first century) and so are the ridiculed.

It's so utterly pointless for the WT to use the old Habakkuk irony - "even if it should delay, it will not be late"

Habakkuk, where are you?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Interesting to note that some of their biggest growth in membership (aside from inbreeding) came based on "advertise advertise advertise"-ing campaigns about their hallmark prediction that "Millions Now Living Will Never Die". It was a fundamental part of their teachings which they believed made them the "one true religion" and "God's Chosen People" as set apart from all others.

Now they don't even subscribe to that belief anymore. It's the bait and switch mentioned in another thread. Hard to believe I ever bought into the concept that that org was Divinely Inspired. hahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit