Funny Things Kids Say to Brighten Your Day......

by AK - Jeff 23 Replies latest social humour

• bebu
    bebu

Those are great stories!

I have several, but one thatwe always joke about goes:

When B. was 4, she was concerned about the pepper that was put on her food at dinner. "What if I get it in my eye?" she asked anxiously. "Don't worry," we said, "you won't get it in your eye." Of course, the pepper was just sitting on her food, totally impotent to her eyes.

Still anxious, she took her index finger and put it in the pepper, and dabbed it into her own eye! Of course she began screaming, and we were all sitting with mouths agape at what we just saw. She couldn't explain why she felt compelled to do what she was so afraid of.

Now we say "Don't put it in your eye!" whenever she (or anyone else) has something that is ridiculously and OBVIOUSLY dangerous to put into an eye--such as, a garden trowel, a dead fly, tabasco sauce... (She finally "gets" why this is so funny, and she doesn't feel compelled to put things in her eyes now, of course--thank God.)

bebu

• karen96
    karen96

This was just last weekend: We had a very busy weekend, and I had hoped to up early Sunday morning to get some work done around the house before we left for a surprise party at the beach. Needless to say, I was running around getting my two sons ready (ages 7 and 3 1/2), and bathing suits, towels, food for the party, etc. My husband decides he is going to ride his motorcycle instead of coming inthe car with us. As we were taking off, my older son asks "Can we do multiplication table?", something he likes to do when we drive in the car. I answered "No, I'm driving and watching out for your father behind me. I'm just too stressed right now." To which my 3 1/2 year old says "I'm not stressed - I'm just a kid". I bust out laughing and say "You're right!" It really helped to change my attitude!

~karen

• knock knock
    knock knock

Great stories! They do say the darndest things.

I had a couple in mind to add but I've forgotten after reading all the others. LOL

• winnie
    winnie

One from my sister when she was 4...in the local shopping centre at xmas and Santa was handing out lollies to all the children. Of course, my parents being JW's said that she couldn't have any and that Santa was a bad person. She stopped, hands on hips and said in the loudest voice..."well...what's he ever done to you?"

And my own kids...

My eight year old recently had a number 2 haircut like his Dad's. He proudly went into show his dad, announcing that he had the same hair as him...except for the 'bits' missing on the side!!!

My six year old daughter, when asked if she would look after her mum and dad when they are older, said "yes...and I'll buy you a wheelchair as well!!!"

They do make you feel special!

(oh...and I laughed so hard at bebu's story, I had tears rolling down my face!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit