Funny Things Kids Say to Brighten Your Day......

by AK - Jeff 23 Replies latest social humour

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Art Linkletter used to do program in which he highlighted the funny things that kids say. Later Bill Cosby did the same sort of show. Locally, there is a lady who does a newspaper column in which funny things are recounted.

This forum represents hundreds and even thousands of people - many of whom have childen, or at least are around children. Can we post those funny statements that only a kid would make? And brighten some days along the way?

This was prompted by my recent experience with my almost three year old grandson. I work a very early shift - my alarm sounds at 1 AM, and I don't get home usually till after 6 PM. So, Wifey keeps the g-children quiet with a movie and popcorn on Friday and Saturday evenings. Often, my little buddy - my grandson - wants to come to bed with me [though he usually gets up shortly to watch the movie]. He had come to bed with me Friday night, and when we lay down, he said he wanted us to say a prayer. [ He is in that habit from the nightly prayers with his Grandma]. So I began 'God, we thank you for our family, for sister N and sister P, and P & J, and for our home.' He repeated along everything I said adding little tidbits. He said ' 'God, we thank you for our family, for sister N and sister P, and P & J, and for our home and for helicopters and fire engines too.'

It was hard for me to keep from laughing - but to him helicopters and fire engines are a real gift from God I suppose.

Anyway- it seemed funnier in real life.

Any stories to share?

Jeff

• snarf
    snarf

I will never forget a very very long road trip to my Dad's in Colorado, 13 hour drive with me and my girl who was 6 at the time. We pulled off at a gas station, and in true 6 year old fashion, she was hungry when she saw the candy aisle. I got her a package of gummy worms....3 hours into the trip. For the remaining 10 hour drive she totally entertained herself wtih those gummy worms. She made them little houses and had a different voice for each one of them...it was soooo cute, but one of those things that ya had to be there...lol.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Jeff, this topic rocks as my grandkids would say! Here's my widow's mite:

While we were eating dinner at one time, I noticed my 5-year old granddaughter was trimming the fat off her meat. I mentioned that she needn't be so careful, that a little fat wouldn't hurt her, in fact it would help her brain to develop and make her smart.

After I left the room, I could her murmuring to herself, "I'm just not going to eat this fat - I'm already smart enough!" As you said about your little one, It was hilarious to hear in person.

Thank you for brightening my Sunday afternoon.

Snowbird

• horrible life
    horrible life

We picked up our 15 year old daughter at her favorite Episcopalian camp, 2 weeks ago, on a Saturday evening. On Wednesday, after I got home from work, she said,

" At Episcopal camp, I ate 5 times a day. I come home, and there is nothing at all to eat. Did you think I would be full?"

I could hardly stop laughing.

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

One time when my son was about three he was watching me cook supper, I was making tuna casserole .

When I set the table and called everyone to the table he began to cry . We asked him what was wrong and he sobbed, " But ..I...I..I don't want to eat catfood !".......He had seen me empty the tuna can and thought it was cat food .lol

• bluebell
    bluebell

we hand down clothes in our family. my little sister asked if she would be left handed when she got my jeans. i was 10 yrs older and she must have overheard me talking about how traits got handed down in genes.

she also thought that if she tried flapping her arms hard enough she could fly lmao, she made a bang with that one.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

When my middle child was about 4 we lived in a townhouse complex. My neighbor for some reason took to him and would always talk to him. On morning around 7:00am we were on our way out school, work and she was coming out to pick up her paper. She kept say'n goodmorning "T" how are you today, all the while he was backing up.

So, I nudged him and said, say hi don't be rude. He looked up at me and said, "but mommy, her words smell"!

nj

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

My4-year old son says the funniest things all the time, here`s one story:

Both his grandfathers are deceased, and his mother (who is not allergic to religion, unlike me) has told him that grandpa is in heaven. One day, when he was about 3, a parachuter came flying above. I said "hey, look at that guy, he`s flying". My son looked at the parachuter, and promptly stated: "Maybe it`s grandpa".

Another time, the day before christmas, we were in church (the only time I go), and in the middle of the sermon, my son yelled out loud, pointing at the priest: "That guy is gonna talk about Santa Clause now!". That was funny.

• loosie
    loosie

My daughter got her first cell phone last week.

I think text messaging comes naturally for her.

So she text'd me and said "BTW (by the way)"...lol she explained the definition of BTW for me. I guess she thought mom was so old it had to be explained to her. BTW I work in the computer/internet field.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit