Since mentally leaving JWs I finally can......

by R.F. 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Arthur
    Arthur

What has been so refreshing for me is to view associations in a rational, healthy way now. I do not have to view people as either "Jehovah's people" vs. "worldly people". I can still be practical in my avoidance of unhealthy or negative associations without having to broad-brush everyone as "worldly".

I have found that there are so many people (whom I would have previously regarded as "worldly") who are just as kind, decent, and compassionate (in some cases, even more so) than JWs. I have met people at church who are just as devoted to the Bible and living a Christians life as JWs. I have met and befriended many others who are truly loving, honest, law-abiding people who really do care about doing the right thing and helping others.

Cult-like groups always paint life, people, and concepts as either black or white. This way of thinking actually reveals spiritual immaturity. To be able to see and work with the "gray areas" of life, to be able to make decisions based upon a Bible-trained conscience instead of a Watchtower-trained conscience requires much mental effort, and spiritual maturity.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yes......living your life without the "gotta-gotta" syndrome is quite a perk isn't it? You don't "gotta" get that study done, you don't "gotta" gulp down dinner (with five kids in my case) and hurry up to get ready for the meetings twice a week, you don't "gotta" worry about nonJW company dropping in on those nights, or worry about being "seen" with a nonJW.....and you don't "gotta" hang out with JWs that you may not really have as much in common with as those "worldly" folks! (Sorry for the bad English here, LOL!)

It is the freedom that you didn't quite realize was so FAR from you.....until you began to enjoy your life as YOU wished to....and not under the control and direction of old and delusional men that do not even KNOW you!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit