Since mentally leaving JWs I finally can......

by R.F. 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• R.F.
    R.F.

Do household chores without the rush......

Spend time with my little neice(now fatherless) without worrying..."I need to take her back home, I gotta study that WT lesson for tomorrow!"

Hang out with my younger brother without thinking..."crap it's Monday...that lesson in the "Revelation" book ain't studying itself!"

Visit my sister without thinking......."should I see her before the meeting or after field service? Time is pretty short."

Eat dinner without worrying about being caught up on the latest issues of "The Watchtower" and "Awake"

Be sick without being concerned about how many meetings I will miss.

Go visit my out of town family(non JWs) without worrying that they'll contaminate my thoughts.

Go out on a Friday night without worrying about being home early so I can get up at 5:00AM for field service.

Got out on Saturday night without worrying about being home early so I can go to the meeting Sunday.

Count on my Weeknights being available so that I can use them for recreation and relaxation instead of either being at a meeting or preparing for one.

Read my Bible without being rushed

Read my Bible without Watchtower influence.

Take the time to really THINK.

Get a second job

Take any job I want that interferes with meeting nights(i've passed up so many)

Make REAL friends

Use the holidays for rest, relaxation, and recreation instead of door-to-door work.

Go back to college without worrying about all the gossip.

Actually have a free 5 minutes and not feel I must devote it to some WT activity.

Buy a car without worrying if it's "field service friendly".

Get to know my family alot better(not immediate family)

And these are just a few things I can think of right now. I wonder how I will feel when i'm completely unshackled by the org???

R.F.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

more free

• anewme
    anewme

You are soooo right!!!!
    And look at you! Getting out when you are only 22!!!

Happiness happiness happiness awaits you!

Anewme

• choosing life
    choosing life

It's great, isn't it. And I am jealous, as Anewme said, you are getting out while most of your life is still ahead of you! I would love to turn back the clock and exit at your age.

Basically, you can just live life as you see fit and quit playing the mind games of the borg.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can add to this list: Being able to enjoy the patriotic or holiday music without worrying about your spirituality. Heck, I just downloaded nearly 40 of them from Napster and burned two CDs of them! Plus, I have patriotic music in my computer without worrying about its being wrong. This will sure be nice after Thanksgiving when they start playing Christmas music everywhere--I can now just listen to it without worrying about the Tower.

I can also enjoy the fireworks, without being trapped in the Kingdumb Hell when they are going. The Christmas lights will be much more enjoyable: last year, I hated to see them come down, whereas when I was in the Tower, I dreaded seeing them go up and looked forward to them coming down. In fact, I have been spending the bulk of this year ordering and planning to put some up myself to add to it. Halloween, Easter, and the other holidays and birthdays are also more fun when you don't have that *$^#ing Tower trying to undermine it.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Getting free has changed my life in so many ways. With each day that passes, everything becomes more enjoyable because you lose that guilty voice in your head saying that everything and everybody is bad. The gloom and doom that once ran your life is gone!

• LaniB
    LaniB

well since leaving I have finally started a life, found a fiance and had a wonderful baby girl.

It's great to have finally been able to go out and meet someone without worrying about their religious background being different to yours and the reaction of the elders, the gossip of the congregation.

• unique1
    unique1

CHEERS!!

• themonster123
    themonster123

CELEBRATE!!!

I Know, now that I'm not in the org, I have actual time to enjoy myself.... Sorry-didnt' mean to scream. ISn't it great though?!? :)

• still_in74
    still_in74

Read my Bible without being rushed

Read my Bible without Watchtower influence.

Take the time to really THINK.

at the past 2 meetings (tonight and sunday) it was the first time in my life to actually just "read" the bible. I have read and really pondered the first 5 chapters of Romans and did it to just read it. Not to see how I can use it in service, just read it. Why is it that now, after 32 years I finally actually care about what the bible says and not the WT? I envy you R.F. I am still not free, but your words encourage me!

CHEERS!!

Why do I love doing that so much now????? Having a drink is so much nicer when someone sincerely clinks your glass and "cheers" you. I actually do this with JW's now just to see who does it back. (yes, I have gotten grief over it too!) CHEERS Unique1 !!!!!! (and everyone else too!!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit